Operation Support Technician
- Job Title
- Operation Support Technician
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Operations Support Technician - Engagement Technology Services
In this critical role on the Corporate Services Information Technology team, the Operations Support Technician will support the Engagement Technology Services (ETS) business and is responsible for day-to-day operational and technical support in the area of systems platform operations across all data center environments and offices.
The Operations Support Technician is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the Manager, Operations. The preferred hours for the position will be 3:00 PM (EST) – 12:00 AM (EST), but may consider candidates for 10:00 AM (EST) – 7:00 PM (EST) hours. This position will be required to work some after hours, weekends, and holidays on an On-Call schedule. This position may be contract-to-hire. Paid relocation is not available.
- Provide onsite and remote engineering and support for all eDiscovery Data Center services, including managing the servers, storage, systems monitoring, replication & backup, as well as the specialized software applications for the EDC/IMS business unit.
- Involvement in the design, configuration, build, implementation, and maintenance of computer servers, operating systems, related hardware and peripherals, and specific application software. Analyzes current server and related system architectures, as well as the SAN/Storage solution, in order to design and implement improvements for increased functionality, reliability and performance.
- Maintain integrity of the servers, applications and databases upon which the ETS business unit relies on for uninterrupted business operations.
- Design, configure, build, and maintain computer servers and ETS specific software applications and services.
- Analyze server and application architecture and configurations, as well as the SAN/Storage solution, and reconfigure systems and data for optimal performance.
- Run and monitor performance queries; design and implement testing routines to identify and resolve (de-bug) conflicts and potential operating malfunctions, using the ETS enterprise monitoring solution and other utilities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve malfunctions with ETS systems, operating platform/database interfaces, servers, configurations, and related equipment; escalate to other technology support resources as needed.
- Schedule, communicate, perform, and monitor regular and ad-hoc systems maintenance activities within the defined policies and processes.
- Confer with ETS Service Delivery Manager and IT resources to identify business unit needs, as well as with consultants and vendors regarding systems maintenance and upgrades / enhancements.
- Estimate time and resources needed for projects and participate in the development of project schedules.
- Administer systems security and assign appropriate access privileges to end-users.
- Participate in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system design, configuration, operation, and support policies and procedures.
- May set up, install, and upgrade hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Resolve operational problems within the defined schedules and service level agreements.
- Perform, organize, and streamline operational tasks to reduce the potential for errors.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaboration environment
- Microsoft Windows Server OS (W2k08\W2k12\W2k16); MCSE Certification a huge plus
- Experience in large support operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Active Directory and group policy; prefer experience with Microsoft Distributed Files Services (DFS)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions; Indicative preferred; SCOM, SCCM or other equivalent solutions considered.
- Experience with supporting the daily operations and management of Two Factor Authentication solutions; prefer experience with DUO or RSA.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience supporting computer networks and systems, including broad knowledge of security, applications, and infrastructure.
- Certifications: A+, Network+, HDI, ITIL preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or a mix of education and extensive work experience demonstrating superior skills and accomplishments.
- Manage time effectively and adhere to attendance guidelines and complete work tasks in a timely manner.
- Address business and customer issues promptly and accurately.
- Communication skills and the ability to rapidly record information verbatim are important.
- Strong understanding of timelines, milestones, and deliverable due dates.
- Strong ability to work with independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work full time in a fast-paced office environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.
- Must be willing to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to provide 24x7 coverage.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.