Systems Engineer – Secret Clearance Required
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer – Secret Clearance Required
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for a Systems Engineer with an active Secret Clearance for a new and exciting role supporting a DoD customer at Fort Belvoir, VA.
This position is in a fast paced, operationally diverse lab environment and operations network, focusing on the analytics program of DTRA. The selected candidate will be a member of a data center team supporting an R&D community. The candidate will provide hands-on systems and network engineering. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the team, customers, Government COR and Government PM. The candidate will play a key role in the architectural and design decisions the team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions to leadership, management and customers (including government and military personnel). The Systems Engineer will provide technical expertise to help team members engineer, deploy and operate with an understanding of systems and infrastructure dependencies within the enclave. Will provide installation, configuration, and operational use of a variety of operating systems (Red Hat, Windows, ESXi) and virtualization (VMWare).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 7 years of professional experience; or years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- US Citizen with Active Secret Clearance
- Security+ Certification required
- Experience providing installation, configuration, and operational use of a variety of operating systems (Red Hat, Windows, ESXi) and virtualization (VMWare).
- Must be familiar with DoD IA requirements (STIGs, vulnerability scanning) along with development methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall).
- Should have some experience with coding or scripting (PowerCLI, JAVA, Python, Groovy).
- Excellent communication skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with application development and big data concepts/technologies (HADOOP, NiFi, MongoDB) a plus
- Windows/Linux engineering
- VMware/virtualization engineering
- Scripting/coding experience
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #systemsengineer @secretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs