- Job Title
- ServiceNow Developer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
In this role on the Information Technology team, a successful ServiceNow Developer will provide technical and programming support for our ServiceNow implementation. The role will be primarily responsible for researching, planning, coordinating and delivering application solutions for the ServiceNow platform. In this role, the ServiceNow Developer will work closely with the ServiceNow Leader and Administrator to develop functionality to help drive the business forward. This will include supporting processes like Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Discovery, Asset, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Service Portal, Performance Analytics and other service modules. The Developer stays abreast of new features and functionality, playing a key role in driving continual improvement. Strong customer services skills and attention to detail will aid the candidate in being successful in the role.
The ServiceNow Developer is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan. Position may be contract-to-hire. Paid relocation is not available.
- Build and customize ServiceNow
- Code and execute projects
- Use scripting tools to automate routine tasks being in the ServiceNow platform
- Create Requirements Definitions and Technical Specifications Documentation
- Articulate technical concepts using easily understandable business language
- Load, manipulate and maintain data between ServiceNow and other systems
- Work with external systems to provide integration into ServiceNow
- Additional duties as identified
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge, Performance Analytics, etc.
- 3 to 5 years working with the ServiceNow platform as a Developer in an enterprise-wide environment, preferred
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with third-party tools
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certifications are a plus
- Experience in requirements gathering and analysis, solution design, development task management, quality assurance and release methodologies
- Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory
- Experience with integrations using both SOAP and REST web services desired
- ITIL V3 foundation certified, highly preferred
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Dependable with strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills with high level attention to detail
- Must be able to act with a sense of urgency and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work full time in a fast-paced office environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.