Active Directory Engineer
- Job Title
- Active Directory Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Active Directory Engineer
In this key role on the Corporate Services team, you will support the Engagement Technology Services (ETS) unit and be responsible for the maintenance, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of the ETS Active Directory forest. Long term responsibilities will include supporting, managing the overall Active Directory infrastructure in a multi-site, data center environment.
The Active Directory Engineer is a full-time role located in Southfield, MI and reports to the Manager, Infrastructure IT – ETS. Paid relocation is not available for this position. This position may be contract-to-hire.
- Produce enterprise-level designs for Active Directory for global forest initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Serve as the first line of escalation support for Active Directory related technology issues for ETS environments.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and 3rd party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Provide training as required
- Manage customer satisfaction through effective communication and managing customer expectations
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Experience in AD and PKI implementation and management.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS
- Experience with ADFS, specifically as it relates to cloud architecture.
- Exposure working in Amazon’s AWS / EC2 infrastructure (or similar provider).
- Exposure working in Microsoft’s Azure Platform.
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise infrastructure, principles and concepts.
- Minimum 7 years overall IT experience with 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) understanding and experience.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting, technical skills.
- Must have an understanding of how to identify and instill industry best practices.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills as the role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Persistent with a driven approach and capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and end users as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Preferred BS or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field BS or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or a mix of education and extensive work experience demonstrating superior skills and accomplishments in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to work full time in a fast-paced office environment.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.