Junior Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Junior Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Junior Systems Engineer
In this critical role on the Corporate Services team, you will support the Engagement Technology Services (ETS) business unit via the ETS Infrastructure team. This position is a key member of the ETS team and is responsible for the maintenance, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of the ETS data center solutions. This position will take part in the implementation and support of new and existing technologies . Long term responsibilities will include supporting, managing and implementing the overall data center infrastructure equipment in a multi-site data center environment. The environment is primarily Microsoft Windows and VMWare based. This includes, but is not limited to direct attached storage, fiber channel storage, networking, clustered servers, replication, high availability and automation technologies and methodologies.
The Junior Systems Engineer is a full-time role located in Southfield, MI and reports to the Manager, Infrastructure IT – ETS. Paid relocation is not available for this position. This position is contract-to-hire.
- Act as a primary point of contact in working with the ETS business and applications teams to analyze and resolve reported technical issues and/or performance issues with the various data center hardware and software platforms.
- Act as a point of contact in the creation (or modification) of documentation to adhere to compliance.
- Provide day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various infrastructure systems.
- Participate in the configuration and setup of technology resources for new ETS engagements.
- Ensure stable implementation and support of all applicable technologies
- Acquire knowledge, via both formal and on-the-job training of the various 3rd party packaged software applications and custom solutions used to provide systems monitoring, management, and reporting within the ETS service offering.
- Adhere to best practice security policies and principles at all times.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Solid knowledge of general enterprise IT principles and practices, including experience with both hardware and software architectures.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with enterprise Microsoft technologies.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with the VMware Enterprise suite and related technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to quickly research new platforms and issues.
- Exposure working in Microsoft’s Azure Platform.
- Exposure working in Amazon’s AWS / EC2 infrastructure (or similar provider).
- Experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for off-hours support.
- Participate in travel (local and international) for initiatives on a volunteer basis
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Must be able to work full time in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must be physically able to lift and rack datacenter equipment.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, this firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).