Linux Systems Administrator/Engineer
Fort Meade, MD
TS/SCI with Poly Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we have an opportunity for an individual with a solid background in Linux Systems Administration and Engineering to support a newly re-awarded contract with their IC customer in Ft. Meade, Maryland. Will be part of the Infrastructure Team.
- Provide intermediate to advanced level Linux user and server support.
- Responsibilities of this position include, but not limited to: user account administration, kick start installations, virtual server deployments, software installation, system updates, troubleshooting Linux operating system and hardware failures, monitoring servers for health and status.
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph required to start
- Seven (7) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate should be proficient in the following: DNS, NFS, yum, LVM, rsyslog, VMware, Centrify, SAN configuration on physical server, networking, Big Brother/Xymon, Puppet, clustering, shell and Python scripting.
- Candidate must also have a working understanding of AWS and cloud computing.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @fortmeade @polyjobs @ICjobs @MDjobs #sysadmin #linuxadmin #systemsadministrator #systemsengineer