Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Job Title
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Job ID
- Greenbelt, MD 20770
- Other Location
CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER (CISO)
GREENBELT , MARYLAND (MD)
Are you ready to lead the key aspect of all Cyber Security and Compliance for a fast growing consulting firm?
Do you want to guide the process for a firm recently awarded $100's M in new contracts?
Have you successfully guided a firm through the NIST 800-171 Compliance Process?
Can you effectively guide and partner at the CEO & CIO level?
Talent Orchard LLC, a woman owned small business, Federal Contractor and boutique talent acquisition firm has been retained to assist a teaming partner in fulfilling the critical position of Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The CISO role in this case is very special because the successful individual will be engaged through our client to a graduating small business who have been awarded a massive new contract and need to become fully NIST 800-171 Compliant very rapidly. This exciting role will allow the CISO to work directly with the CEO and President and in partnership with the CIO to assess the current state of compliance and security and map a rapid path to compliance and a sufficiently robust status to pursue other large engagements including with the DoD. The CISO will have further responsibility back to our client as a subject matter expert for a leading consulting firm focused on both Federal and Commercial Cyber Security activities. How often will you have the opportunity to impact the Information Security profile of two fast growth firms at the same time?
Clearance: Active Top Secret
Minimum Education: MS in Information Security or Security Engineering and a BS in Information Systems or Electrical Engineering
Minimum Experience: 20 years’ technical systems or network engineering experience, with at least 10 years' focus’ on Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, at least 5 years in technical management on Federal Programs and at least 5 years’ senior management within a Federal Contractor. Must have led at least one Federal contractor to NIST 800-171 compliance.
Required Certifications: CISSP, CEH, PMP, CompTIA Security+ CE
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is an executive leadership and management position that will be responsible for the overall Information Security profile for a fast growth Federal contractor. This position will develop and implement a comprehensive, Federal contractor NIST compliant information security program, which includes procedures and policies designed to protect both enterprise systems for our commercial customer and its customers from both internal and external threats.
The CISO will oversee the governance and management of the information security program, and will advance its overall mission to identify and mitigate all information security-related risks that could potentially create inappropriate exposure to the business or its clients' data.
- 20 years of progressive relevant work experience in information security management and policy development
- Able to work and collaborate directly with senior executives, client executives and industry
- Expertise in information security frameworks and standards including NIST 800-53, 37, 171 and ISO 27002
- Demonstrated accomplishments in program leadership, policy development, management and risk assessments
- Expert knowledge of cybersecurity of systems within DHS TIC, DoD NIPRNET and SIPRNET enterprise environments either having worked directly for a Federal Agency, within the military or as a Federal Contractor
- Superior communications skills, both written (technical and presentation documentation) and oral (meetings, facilitation and presentations) including the ability to interact with business partners who do not have a security background
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the development, implementation and monitoring of a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of information systems, and control techniques to address all applicable information security requirements.
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of information security on an automated and continuous basis
- Leads and coordinates institutional responses to security incidents, providing timely reports during the incident and response, as well as proposing solutions to anticipate, prevent or mitigate future incidents
- Develops and maintains an information security risk mitigation plan, including leading the security incident response team in prevention, investigation, mitigation and reporting activities
- Responsible for customer’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment law by understanding existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on applicable policy and procedural improvements.
The CISO will spend their first 30 days meeting with key leaders, assessing the current state of play for Information Security and compliance within the firm and then develop a detailed road map to take the firm towards full compliance and beyond.This is a rare strategic position that will be extensively hands-on and involve detailed interaction with all key leaders within the company. This is the role that can shape your career for years to come!
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.