Scala/Big Data Developer
- Job Title
- Scala/Big Data Developer
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97212
- Other Location
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland based client in their search for a Scala/Big Data Developer. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, and is always looking to further their personal knowledge and expertise. This is a long term opportunity offering a competitive compensation package. You should be comfortable executing against tasks that are occasionally ambiguous, but works independently to seek out needed information Is not the type to wait for others to tell them "what to do next", but who proactively looks to fill their work queue
- Enjoys working in a team of high performers, who hold each other accountable to perform to their very best
- Design and develop customer and support-facing capabilities Supports other product delivery partners in successful build, test, and release of solutions
- Support the development of server-side platforms, specifically big data
- Work through user-centered design practices to gather and incorporate end-user feedback into development
- Occasional ownership of small projects, and managing some ongoing project communication (status reporting, requirements alignment, etc.)
- Functional Programming - Scala
- Apache Hadoop or other big data processing platforms
- Apache Spark or Storm
- Experience with Microservices is a plus!
- Experience in noSQL document-oriented databases models is a plus!
***Unable to work C2C****
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.