- Job Title
- iOS Developer
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97212
- Other Location
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland Client in their search for a iOS Developer. As an iOS developer you will be working on native mobile apps and components for our client’s 90 million customers and 35 thousand employees. This is a long term opportunity which will be on boarded via contract to hire with competitive rates. A successful candidate will have a strong computer science background, and deep knowledge of functional programming in Swift and/or experience in other functional programming languages.
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience.
- Work on API integration to evolve application capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write unit and acceptance tests to validate robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Be a role model for iOS engineers on the team, providing deep iOS expertise and coaching.
- Identify short and long-term opportunities in our mobile technology platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability.
- Troubleshoot production problems, when requested, and ensure that a proper resolution is identified and implemented in a timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge of iOS design elements and mastery of the Swift 3.x/4 language.
- Experience consuming RESTful interfaces.
- Experience with mobile push notifications, including Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) and Apple (APNS).
- Solid working knowledge of the iOS runtime, Xcode IDE and OS X development tool-chain.
- Experience/interest in location based services.
- Strong foundation in computer science and software design/architecture.
- Passion for ensuring high quality architecture and customer experience.
- Prior experience designing and launching highly rated native iOS apps to a large consumer audience is a big plus.
- Design robust solutions to hard problems that also take into account scale, security, reliability, and cost.
- Document what gets built so others can carry the torch while you are on your much deserved vacation.
- Know the process of software development so well you can do it in your sleep.
- Test what you build...in fact we want you to write tests first...if you can! Re-use what we already have built – unless you have a better idea...in which case...be vocal and demonstrate why your solution is better/faster/cheaper.
The following are a huge plus
- Test Automation Tools
- Ideal candidate has worked with Functional and Unit test based frameworks to develop automated tests (Jasmine, Cucumber, etc) Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployments (CD).
- Ideal candidate has worked on projects with CI/CD tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab-CI, etc)
- Ideal candidate has worked on projects with container based solutions (Docker, CoreOS, etc)
- Our team uses Reactive Programming techniques in our mobile application and candidates would do well to familiarize themselves or have experience with Reactive.
***Unable to work C2C***
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.