Senior F5/Big-IP Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are seeking a Senior F5/Big-IP Engineer with an active Top Secret Clearance to support a customer in Fort Belvoir, VA and will be involved in network design/build for a multi-discipline engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have a background in application development and has published a portal through the F5 APM module (Access Policy Manager, which provides authentication). This individual should also have a background in scripting and be able to publish through an F5 Constrained Delegation Portal. (Note: This is not a general network engineer role for someone with F5 experience or for someone fully supporting just an F5 appliance.)
- Design and build out technological solutions to support Agency’s in-house application availability and external reachability requirement.
- Work directly with customers to determine requirements for site-to-site redundancy and build out solutions to account for these needs, including failover automation, notification, adequate sizing of real server pools, etc.
- Will work with SharePoint and other application owners to develop an external portal utilizing the F5 APM module, meeting requirements for ease of access, while maintaining 2- factor authentication requirements.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with active Top Secret security clearance to start
- Advanced level understanding of Load Balancing using the F5 BigIP suite of toolsets, specifically the APM module. Experience with LTM, and GTM modules strongly preferred.
- Prior experience publishing SharePoint or internal applications through an F5 portal and making it available externally – Experience doing so with SharePoint is highly desired.
- Experience developing infrastructure to support highly available web applications
- Advanced level understanding of Network Engineering and security considerations as they apply to load balancing and constrained delegation functionality
- Experience developing or using community created iRules to support functionality not native to the existing modules
- Experience working with the F5 virtual appliance, vs. a physical deployment
- Prior experience with application development and scripting
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
- CompTIA Security+ CE at a minimum; CISSP strongly preferred
- Professional level certification from F5, Perl or Python development certification; will consider certification from CISCO or Juniper
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Palo Alto next generation firewall experience – understand how they work
- Active Directory authentication experience, to assist in development and troubleshooting the APM based portal
- L2/L3 network engineering expertise, specifically using Cisco products
- Exceptional Scripting skills (shell, iRule/TCL, LUA, python)
- Able to perform tasks within strict timelines with little or no oversight
- Experience with Cloud providers/technologies
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #bigIP #F5 #applicationavailability