- Job Title
- Storage Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
This position is a key member of the Corporate Services’ Information Technology Engagement Technology Services (ETS) team and is responsible for the maintenance, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of the data center storage solutions. This position will be integral in maintaining the performance and functionality of the ETS technology environments to meet the ever-increasing demands.
Long term responsibilities will include supporting, managing the overall data center storage infrastructure equipment in a multi-site data center environment. The environment is primarily Windows Active Directory and includes direct attached storage components, fiber channel storage networking, clustered servers, replication and application servers.
This Storage Engineer is a full-time position located in Southfield, MI and reports to the Infrastructure Manager. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
This position may be at the Analyst or Associate level, internally.
- Perform daily storage administration, including maintenance and trend analysis of the storage and backup infrastructure.
- Provide day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various infrastructure systems.
- Act as a point of contact in working with the ETS business and applications teams to analyze and resolve reported technical issues and/or performance issues with the various data center storage hardware and backup platforms.
- Administer block and file storage and data replication across multiple datacenters.
- Maintain and support a multisite cloud and datacenter backup environment.
- Ensure stable support of enterprise servers, disk based storage appliances, tape libraries, as well as VMware ESXi environments.
- Participate in designing and implementing changes and improvements to our backup, storage and disaster recovery environments.
- Create documentation and guide tier 1 resources for the day-to-day monitoring of storage systems and other relevant devices.
- Participate in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures, including the overall structure and standards for documentation.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Solid knowledge of general enterprise IT principles and practices, including experience with both hardware and software architectures.
- 5+ years of storage/SAN experience.
- Experience protecting Microsoft server Cluster configurations.
- Experience with VMware ESXi and related technologies.
- Experience with the following storage solutions: VNX, Unity, DataDomain, Isilon, RecoverPoint and fiber channel networking.
- Experience with Networker, Backup Exec and vRanger
- Knowledge of HP server, storage, and tape hardware.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly research new platforms and issues.
- Experience implementing scripting and orchestration a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Experience in large, production-oriented environment, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations with large data volumes.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or a mix of education and extensive work experience demonstrating superior skills and accomplishments in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to work full time in a fast-paced office environment and be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.