Business Intelligence Architect
- Job Title
- Business Intelligence Architect
- Job ID
- KINGWOOD, TX 77339-3802
- Other Location
Senior Business Intelligence Architect
This position works to design and implement solutions related to meeting reporting, analytics, data modeling, data integration, and other business intelligence (BI) requests for Insperity’s business units, utilizing multiple BI solutions and technologies. Serves as a leader in the group by leading efforts in problem-solving, issue diagnosis, solutions design, and mentoring on strategy or technology. Operates with some latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Works with constituent departments to fulfill work requests or project roles in the business intelligence domain.
- Serves as a leader in the group by leading efforts in problem-solving, offering solutions, and mentoring on strategy or technology.
- Proactively guides business customers in identifying optimal technology solutions to meet their business needs.
- Works with other groups as necessary to gather input for technical design and development.
- Works as or with the project manager on scope definition, estimation of work effort, task definition.
- Sets and follows design standards using industry best practices.
- Performs design or mentors team members in design for project work effort.
- Develops ETL, database design and presentation layer to fulfill project requests.
- Creates technical documentation as required for all project work.
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity bounded by defined standards and processes.
- May mentor other BI team members in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Recommends changes in procedures.
- Provides support for BI tools used by the business, including resolving tool issues, working with the external vendors, and maintaining and upgrading those tools as needed.
- Participates on project teams that are led by the project office as needed.
- Coordinates unit testing of projects for release into the production environment.
- Works after hours, as needed, to support upgrade, break-fix or deployment activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Five to ten years of professional BI experience is required.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence fundamental and advanced concepts, methodologies and best practices to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Possesses the aptitude to accept complex assignments, analyze problems and generate effective solutions. Able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Familiar with proper email etiquette and has the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Demonstrates a strong customer service attitude.
- Capable of working with customers within the business to effectively draw out, validate and document business requirements.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision as well as working within a team environment, depending on current work tasks.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Required working knowledge of both UNIX and NT based operating systems. Administrative level knowledge preferred.
- Required DBMS skills include physical modeling and architecture on Informix, Oracle and MS SQL Server platforms. Previous database administration knowledge is desired.
- Demonstrates technical leadership in one or more of the following BI technologies, including definition of technology architecture and best practices, and mentoring of other team members in the utilization of those technologies. Ability to coordinate resources from other areas in IT and the business in order to maximize Insperity’s investment in those technologies.
- Informatica PowerCenter (v.9 or later) designer and administration skills. Designer experience should include Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor tools as well as deploymentand version control knowledge.
- Administration experience should include Installation, Configuration, License management, and use of command line scripting.
- Pervasive Data Integrator (v. 10 or later) integration administration and design skills. Both cloud based and on-premise development knowledge is preferred.
- Advanced SQL Development skills including the use of Explain Plan, View Design and stored procedures.
- Oracle BI – Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) information presentation and analytical solution.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS). Should include design and development experience, as well as best practices for deployment processes and data source utilization.
- WebFOCUS reporting and analytics tool, including administration, security configuration, performance tuning, and report and dashboard development.
- Modeling/design skills including 3NF/ER diagramming and Star Schema design, with additional knowledge of Data Vault modeling and UML modeling preferred. Sybase PowerDesigner is preferred over other modeling tools.
- Knowledge of Hyperion, including administration and management of the environment, and cube design, population, and usage.