Personal Injury/Workers' Compensation Paralegal
- Job Title
- Personal Injury/Workers' Compensation Paralegal
- Job ID
- Charleston, SC 29401
- Other Location
Established Charleston area law firm seeking experienced personal injury / workers' compensation paralegal
Summary: Manages personal injury cases from beginning, case opening, to end, litigation, case closing. Responsible for frequent client contact with strong emphasis on delivering exceptional customer service. Assists and supports attorney through all the phases of the case so that they may handle legal matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and returns client’s calls, faxes and emails within 24 hours.*
- Provides backup coverage to complete intakes when intake staff are unavailable.*
- Reviews intake documents to ensure all information necessary to open a case in Intake Wizard has been gathered (and takes the appropriate steps to obtain any missing information).
- Responsible for generating required personal injury forms and documents through Trialworks, transcribing dictation, revising or drafting documents as directed by supervising attorney including, but not limited to, complaints, correspondence, litigation, demands, pleadings, and settlement documents in a timely fashion.*
- Keep thorough documentation of notes in Trialworks and complete various tasks as assigned by attorney in a timely fashion.*
- Manage the scheduling of attorney calendars for client meetings, doctor meetings, depositions, mediations, hearings, etc.*
- Manage the retrieval of necessary medical records and documenting the record type and time period for which records are needed.
- Maintain custody of the physical file. File and update records, correspondence and file documents in an orderly and organized manner per established office procedures. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.*
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Outlook and Trialworks Case Management software (will be trained).
Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or;
three to four years related experience and/or training or;
equivalent combination of education and experience.