PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Personnel Security Specialist (Adjudicator)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
- Initiate preliminary suitability review at the time of application.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the results of OPM, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and other investigative agency reports to determine the employment, suitability and or security eligibility of individuals for eligibility with the USMS.
- Summarize investigative issues on the adjudicator's worksheet, recommending approval/disapproval, noting pertinent suitability and security factors and mitigating factors.
- Corroborate or mitigate serious derogatory information.
- Determine if additional inquiries are necessary to resolve discrepant, negative, or contradictory information.
- Formulate a recommended course of action consistent with pertinent Executive Orders, OPM, Department of Justice (DOJ), and USMS related to security/suitability determinations.
- Update USMS security tracking system with the status of assigned cases.
- Prepare for Federal signature the proposed action letter and final action letter to the USMS applicant based on suitability and security criteria.
- Analyze response from letters and make final recommendation based on suitability and security criteria.
- Prepare for Federal signature letters of interrogatory to contractors or employees.
- On contractor cases, prepare for Federal signature the conditional approval memo, final approval memo or disapproval memo as appropriate.
- On employee cases review internal record checks to determine if there are any open internal cases which may have a bearing on the employee's background investigation and includes the information in the adjudicator’s worksheet.
- On employee cases prepares for Federal signature the approval memo based on employee reinvestigation or upgrade investigation as appropriate.
- On employee cases in which suspensions, revocations, denial of security clearances is recommended prepare various correspondence in accordance with Federal Executive Orders, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), OPM, DOJ, and USMS security regulations.
The candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of proven experience as an adjudicator, as well as possess a Bachelor's Degree (or higher).
Personnel Security Specialist (Adjudicator)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs