Junior Security Operations Analyst
- Job Title
- Junior Security Operations Analyst
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Junior Security Operations Analyst
In this critical role on the Corporate Services Information Security team, you will be responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets within the enterprise. This position will consult with other IT staff and non-IT departments on security issues and requirements to support the security team’s projects, initiatives, and operational responsibilities. This position may also serve as a backup to other critical security positions as necessary.
The Junior Security Operations Analyst will work in the Security Operations Center (SOC) which provides cyber defense of information assets and manages physical security controls. SOC responsibilities include, but are not limited to, security monitoring, incident response, malware prevention, data loss prevention, threat intelligence and analysis, and physical security.
The Junior Security Operations Analyst is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the Team Lead, Security Operations. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Administers information security controls and software such as endpoint protection, endpoint detection and response, intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS), security incident and event management (SIEM), data loss prevention (DLP), and physical security systems
- Responds to, investigates, and analyzes security events to determine appropriate actions
- Analyzes security system logs, security tools, and available data sources to identify attacks against the enterprise and report on any irregularities, issues related to improper access patterns, trending, and event correlations and make suggestions for detection rules and system tuning
- Gathers information from other IT staff and non-IT staff to obtain information regarding security problems to networks, servers, endpoints, and applications.
- Performs incident response activities and ensure that proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident has been discovered
- Participates in security projects to evaluate and recommend security products for various applications and platforms throughout the organization
- Assists with the development, maintenance of, and training on technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Participates, as needed, in critical incidents and implementation reviews
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Highly motivated to work in information security
- 0-3 years of Information Security experience, or experience working in Information Technology; Experience working in Security Operations is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or related field preferred; work experience and background will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Desire to continuously improve processes and procedures and share information with the team
- Experience integrating security tools through scripting, using API’s and improving existing processes through automated methods are a plus
- Experience with a Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tool is a plus
- Experience with Endpoint Security tools is a plus
- Incident Response, Forensics, and Malware Analysis experience is a plus
- Experience with physical security technology such as door access and badging systems is a plus
- System administration and security hardening experience is a plus
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, inter-personal skills, and effective skills to support security programs. Must be able to provide formal reports and presentations as required.
- Must give attention to detail and possess the ability to prioritize tasks so work is completed in an accurate, timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of information systems security concepts and current information security trends and practices.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure security tools such as firewalls, network security monitoring, anti-malware, OS hardening, etc.
- Organizational skills with ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Security Certifications such as the following are a plus:
- CompTIA Security+ (Sec+)
- CompTIA CSA+
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practioner (CASP)
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)