- Job Title
- Production Technician
- Job ID
- Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Other Location
Our client is a global leader in Optical and Optical Electronics specializing in Industrial Metrology, Microscopy, Medical Technology, Planetariums, Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology and Vision Care. We are seeking multiple Production Technicians to join the team. In this role you will partner with Sr. Technicians to learn and develop the basic necessary skills required to perform the job of a Production Technician by successfully completing the training program. This positions reports to the Production Manager. We have multiple contract positions available. Plymouth / Maple Grove, MN
Position starts in sub-assemblies to learn processes with a goal of cross training for the different lines. The position duties are related more to machine building and electronics assembly. The job involves using blueprints to assemble large parts and the technician moves around to different stations.
- Work with production team to build, assemble, troubleshoot and test complex electro-mechanical, optical and mechanical products
- Demonstrates ability to learn mechanical and/or electronic skills
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized work area, (5s)
- Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential work hazards
- Approaches training with a high level of passion and dedication
- Demonstrates ability to understand tools needed to perform task
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2 year degree in electronics or equivalent experience preferred
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or electrical schematics
- Knowledge of Geometry and Trigonometry preferred.
Working Conditions and Special Demands:
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds
- Must wear steel toed shoes.
Hours are 6 am-2:30 pm
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be available either now or in the future.