Tier II Security Operations Center Analyst
- Job Title
- Tier II Security Operations Center Analyst
- Job ID
- Greenbelt, MD 20770
- Other Location
Tier II Security Operations Center Analyst
Talent Orchard LLC, is a boutique Talent Acquisition Consulting Firm, we have been retained under contract by a premier security service provider with a great reputation and authors of several best-selling books in Security to recruit a Tier II Security Operations Analyst for a critical Census Program in Greenbelt, MD. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Dynamic and State of the Art Cyber Security environment. Role is located in Greenbelt, MD and the ability to get to the location is a must to qualify (Plenty of Parking with no charges for them). The Tier 2 Security Operations Center Analyst conducts network analysis of targets, operates daily open source research (OSR) missions, resulting in various reports and alerts, and possesses extensive knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure, and has some experience with forensics tools, malware analysis, closely involved in developing, tuning and implementing threat detection analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with alerts from the Tier 1 SOC Analysts, to perform in depth analysis and triage of network security threat activity based on computer and media forensics, malicious code analysis, and protocol analysis
- Assist with the development of incident response plans, workflows, and SOPs
- Deploy and maintain security sensors and tools
- Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions
- Think critically and creatively while analyzing security events, network traffic, and logs to engineer new detection methods
- Work directly with cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful detection
- Collaborate with incident response team to rapidly build detection rules and signatures as needed
- Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
- Perform lessons learned activities
- Mentor junior analysts and run brown bag training sessions
- Review vulnerabilities and track resolution
- Review and process threat intel reports and sources
- Develop and implement detection use cases
- Develop and implement IDS signatures
- Assist with incident response efforts
- Create and brief customer reports
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours security and/or engineering issues
- Perform customer security assessments
- Develop and run table top exercises
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant major from an accredited college or university
- Practiced knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
- Good technical understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, Active Directory (AD) application log consumables, systems design as well as superior knowledge of technical operations process and procedures
- Knowledge of encryption, key management and cryptology
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800- 35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Experience with performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access control SOPs
- Ability to configure and develop an enterprise SIEM solution including signature tuning, development of correlation rules, reports, and alarms
- Organizational Skills: Proven ability to plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion. Understanding of project management principles and techniques (project plans, critical path, etc.), ability to develop security project plans and work with development teams to integrate those into development schedules - in both waterfall and agile environments.
- Team Work: Excels both autonomously and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a team toward a common vision or goal.
- Leadership: Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Communications: Ability to interact with senior managers, junior staff, and business unit (non- technical) customers clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
- Ability to obtain federal government position of Trust
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.