Supplier Quality Engineer
- Job Title
- Supplier Quality Engineer
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN
- Other Location
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client is a global leader in Optical and Optical Electronics specializing in Industrial Metrology, Microscopy, and Medical Technology. They have an immediate need for a Supplier Quality Engineer. This is a direct hire position with full benefits located in NW Minneapolis suburb.
Provide leadership for supplier quality by effectively developing, implementing, and engaging suppliers in quality management systems and continuous improvement programs assuring that products meet company quality requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active participation in new product/project launch activities consisting of the following:
- Advocate for assuring products are designed for manufacturing
- Clear definition of product quality requirements
- Identification of key dimensional characteristics for FAI approval
- Provide recommendations for specification(s) revision as determined by data
- Evaluating new potential suppliers by conducting an Rapid Plant Assessment (RPA) audit
- Evaluating program award supplier’s PFMEA and Control plan to confirm that key characteristics and in process controls are well defined and effective
- Improve and engage suppliers in the First Article Inspection process (FAI) to support product changes and new product launch
- Improve and implement a supplier Rapid Plant Assessment (RPA) program to evaluate supplier Quality management Systems (QMS) and develop supplier continuous improvement plans
- Provide supplier quality performance input to support the ACS supplier performance scorecard
- Promote dock to stock program that leverages suppliers process controls and Quality Management System (QMS) to eliminate company’s incoming inspection
- Analyze data, suppliers’ QMS, and RPA results to determine suppliers to self-certify part conformance
- Active participation in the Material Review Board (MRB) process to identify supplier quality concerns and communicating non-conformance to supplier
- Request completion of 8D, track supplier response to deliverable milestones, evaluate supplier response, and provide feedback to supplier
- Active participation in internal root cause failure analysis and if required engage supplier
- Create, with cross functional team involvement, and maintain Supplier Quality Policies and Procedures
- Designs, installs, and evaluates supplier quality process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques
- Perform and report supplier quality system audits.
- Make recommendations for revision of specifications as determined by data
- Maintain Supplier Quality Policies and Procedures
- Collects, organizes, monitors, and distributes information related to supplier quality and process improvement functions
- Actively participates in root cause analysis on failures
Experience and Education Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Quality Engineering or in relevant area
- ASQ Supplier Auditing and ASQ Supplier Certification or equivalents preferred
- The successful candidate must have strong computers skills, working knowledge of MS Office applications. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel with regard to graph and data presentation.
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills necessary to build effective working relationships with supply partners.
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams and perform root cause analysis.
- SAP Experience including QM module preferred
Working Conditions and Special Demands:
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and international) as required to meet supplier objectives.
- Willing to work in variety of manufacturing environments including Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical.
- Ability to work safely with required PPE(Personal Protective Equipment)
For immediate consideration, call Mike for details at 763-561-1061, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org