Software Support- Installation Specialist $22/hr (Contract to Hire)
- Job Title
- Software Support- Installation Specialist $22/hr (Contract to Hire)
- Job ID
- Ann arbor, MI 48108
- Other Location
Conexess is seeking multiple candidates for a technical training and installation specialist in Ann Arbor. We are looking for candidate with a strong technical aptitude and a strong support and customer service background.
The SMS Installation Technician will be responsible for performing remote software evaluation, installation and updates for Identifix’s Shop Management System software customers. The majority of customer installations will be accomplished remotely through desktop sharing software and other similar technologies. Each installation will be a multi-step process and will involve various members of the installation team. During the installation process the customer’s computer(s) will be evaluated remotely, SMS software will be installed, existing data files will be converted and installed in the new system and the customer will receive several sessions of training.
The SMS Installation Technician will evaluate the SMS customers’ on-site business computer(s) through remote access, perform system upgrades as necessary, then download and install the SMS software. The technician will configure the software and database to meet the customer’s requirements. The technician will also be responsible for installing any system maintenance or upgrades.
The position reports to the Operations Manager on a day-to-day basis.
1. Maintain focus on customer satisfaction, thoroughness and timely completion of installation, maintenance and upgrades of SMS software on customer computers
2. Complete all customer installs within contracted timeframes while focusing on customer satisfaction and thoroughness of services provided.
3. Support SMS software customers through troubleshooting of technical support issues.
The successful candidate will have the following experiences, characteristics and competencies:
This individual is a strong computer systems technician with 3-5 years’ experience working in a customer service environment supporting PC based software and platforms. The desired candidate will have performed software downloads and PC configuring via remote access with various industry standard tools. Experience with automotive shop management systems, customer data record conversions and basic accounting systems is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
· A strong understanding of shop management software or similar point-of-sale business software.
· A background in account management for business software customers that included tracking and conducting software downloads, software maintenance and upgrades.
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with other parts of the business.
· Hands-on experience supporting Enterprise MySQL: versions: MySQL 5.5+.
- Strong verbal and written communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge of software download tools, desktop sharing technologies and other remote application software applications.
- Experience supporting commercial programs written in C# and C++ and working knowledge of Linux/Window OS.
- Must be a well-organized with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to install & configuring databases including patching & upgrades, perform incident/request activities and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to take on-call rotations as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required