Mechanical Designer - Part Time
- Job Title
- Mechanical Designer - Part Time
- Job ID
- Osseo, MN 55369
- Other Location
Our client is a global leader in Industrial Metrology equipment, and are looking for a Part-Time contract Mechanical Designer to use Pro-Engineer CAD tools to fill a significant role designing mechanical parts, product components, assemblies, machines and machine tools. This is a 6+ month contract, part-time position in the Plymouth/Maple Grove area.
- Creates detailed models and layouts from concept sketches, drawings, or layouts, which depict designs accurately showing dimensions, tolerances, and materials in accordance with established CAD protocols.
- Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical components from engineering sketches, drawings, and layouts, which accurately show dimensions, tolerances, and materials to be used in accordance with established drafting practices.
- Performs necessary basic calculations as required to ensure accurate drawings.
- Produces assembly documentation of mechanical and electrical components through the use of CAD drawings to include complete part listings which meet with established drafting practices.
- Assist the supervisor in preparing part specifications of vendor purchased components through verbal instruction, and catalog information.
- Assist in designing systems within the product guidelines and maintains high levels of standardization, within the specifications at minimum cost.
- Recognizes possible errors / omissions in documentation and refers to supervisor for information and direction.
- Confer with supervisor as necessary to obtain guidance or direction on assignments, and keeps supervisor informed of important developments.
- Works with ECO coordinators to change, modify, and or correct documentation submitted through the engineering change order process.
- Promotes the corporate image by the highest standards of conduct, cleanliness, appearance and safety.
- High school diploma and basic technical education for mechanical drafting.
- 2 years experience minimum in mechanical design/drafting (Pro-Engineer).
- Experience with basic design layouts and assemblies in Pro-Engineer.
- 1-2 years experience in the use of geometric tolerancing.
- Experience with drafting symbols utilized for weldment drawings.
- Proficient in detailing castings, sheet metal, assemblies, etc.
- Broad mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week
For immediate consideration apply online or email email@example.com