- Job Title
- Youth Director
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Orange Park, FL
- Other Location
Job Title: Presbyterian Youth Director
Location: Orange Park, FL
Reporting to: Minister/Personnel Committee
Part-Time Hours (Must be available on Sundays and a few other days of the week)
Director is primarily responsible for the Christian nurture, train, and fellowship of Senior High Youth. He/she will develop, coordinate, guide, and promote an active Presbyterian Youth Connection ministry with Senior High youth in unity with other Elementary and Junior High Presbyterian Youth Connection and Christian Education programs. This ministry will contribute to family life centering on the Mission of the Church and will help others to use their gifts for ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Vision for the Senior High Youth ministry that is supported by all programming, activities and events
- Coordinate and unify the fellowship and education activities of senior high youth into an integrated and effective ministry.
- Generate new programs and activities, to meet the needs and interests of youth while consistently evaluating the effectiveness of present programs
- Recruit and coordinate adult volunteers to support youth programs as mentor, chaperones, and leaders.
- Plan, promote and conduct fund raising, coordinate with parents lead and manage annual youth retreat at Montreat and other field trips, as required.
- Arrange, promote and manage off-site activities sponsored by the Presbytery and or other Churches such as the High School Retreat and Box-A-thon.
- Conduct on-going outreach to youth, encouraging youth participation and soliciting their input and feedback.
- Seek out young people from church families and seek to draw them into the larger youth community.
- Keep parents updated on youth activities and ministry strategies in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Provide activities that invite and encourage families to share in the life of the church.
- Select, order, maintain, create and supervise usage of appropriate educational materials.
- Maintain appropriate records regarding participation in senior high youth programs.
- Communicate matters of policy procedure and schedule to all who are involved in the youth Ministry, the Church Staff, and Session.
- Lead students to participate in the worship life of the larger church including outreach service and discipleship.
- Work cooperatively and in consultation with the pastor, Christian Education volunteers and staff members.
- Coordinate the youth calendar with the overall church calendar.
- Develop and oversee the youth ministry budgets; manage fees and permission forms for events and trips in a timely fashion; participate in staff and committee meetings.
- Be available for leadership in worship as requested by the Pastor.
- Participate in the local network of youth group leaders from other churches to coordinate activities as appropriate, receive encouragement, gain exposure to other teaching ideas, provide support to others and grow spiritually.
- Continue learning and seeking information to increase knowledge in the field of Youth ministry.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree working on Bachelor’s degree (two year college)
- 2 years of age 5 through high school related experience working with children
- Prior experience utilizing Microsoft Office software to prepare correspondence, develop reports, utilize spreadsheets and create presentations preferred.
- CPR, and First Aid certification required
- Strategic Orientation – able to develop an operational vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved
- Coaching and Development – ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Results Orientation – Proven ability to set and exceed strategic targets.
- Decision Making – ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner.
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact to find solutions proactively.
- Systems & Software – proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Customer Oriented – able to personally provide high level of cheerful, interactive service to take care of the needs of children and parents while following company procedures
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to achieve strategic goals and complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Diversity Oriented – ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Ethical & Accountability – ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards and accept responsibility and account for actions
- Financial Aptitude – ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information and prepare and manage budgets
- Conflict Resolution – ability to deal with others in a challenging situation
- Required Skills
Associates degree working on Bachelor's degree in related field.
2 years' related experience working with children.
CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Pay Range
- $209.77 None to $0.00 None