- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Job ID
- Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in electro-mechanical consumer products. They have an immediate need for a manufacturing engineer. In this role you will plan, design and coordinate the implementation of process and equipment improvements for cost-reductions, quality, safety and efficiency. Improvements will often be focused on existing processes and equipment optimization. Involved in development and startup of new automated assembly equipment. Provides engineering support by troubleshooting problems and effecting timely solutions to maintain continuity of production flow. This is a contract or contract-to-hire position. Location is Salt Lake City, UT
- Support the implementation of new processes and automation projects to the manufacturing floor.
- Design manufacturing facility layout
- Focus on and drive specific technical or capital improvement projects (CIP) in assembly, packaging, or other engineering disciplines
- Coordinate, communicate and complete assigned projects on time and in scope.
- Specify and/or purchase equipment, tooling and fixtures for process changes.
- Define project budgets, create purchase orders and propose Capital Improvement Projects (CIP’s)
- Install and validate new equipment, tooling and fixtures for existing manufacturing process changes or replication. Responsible for documentation.
- Manage projects from concept to completion, including new product launch
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to complete assigned projects
- Lead continuous improvement projects
- Support the implementation of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE )strategy
- Participate in career development training programs
- 3-5+ years of experience in various engineering fields relating to mechanical design, manufacturing and process development
- 3-5+ years project management in a manufacturing environment
- BS degree in Mechanical or manufacturing engineering or similar
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects
- Experience with facility layout
- Experience in implementation of new processes and automation projects to the manufacturing floor.
- Experience managing projects from start to finish related to launch of products and manufacturing engineering
- LEAN manufacturing Engineering experience highly preferred
- Proficient in Visio, Microsoft Office and MS Project
- CAD Experience: AutoCad or ProE desired
- Technical report writing skills
- Some travel (including air travel) will be required, to suppliers and other corporate facilities in Irmo, SC and Minnesota. (<30%)
- Must be able to spend a significant amount of time on a production floor. Job may require reaching, bending, stooping, working at elevation, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
For immediate consideration or with questions, contact Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com or apply online.