Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Job Title
- Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Expires: until filled or further notice
Location: Houston, Texas (Downtown)
Experience: 3-5 years
Education: Undergraduate Degree required
Who we are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,200 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Who are we looking for today?
The Partnership is looking for an ambitious, results driven, and nimble Marketing and Communications Manager to produce successful communications and marketing strategies for several divisions. The marketing and communications team is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communications strategies designed to enhance the positioning of the Greater Houston Partnership’s brand, program offerings, projects and initiatives across several divisions including Member Engagement, Public Policy, and Executive along with the Partnership’s affiliate organization, Center for Houston’s Future.
What you will do:
Under the general direction of the Director, Marketing and Communications, the manager will:
- Participate with the development and execution of strategic marketing and communications campaigns across several divisions of the Partnership (Member Engagement, Public Policy, and Executive) to increase awareness of the organization and our programming/initiatives; elevate the organization’s reputation throughout the 11-county region.
- Develop strategic marketing campaigns to drive membership, event (tickets and sponsorship) and special campaign revenues.
- Develop comprehensive marketing campaigns to include e-mail, Web, social media, advertising, direct mail, radio, television, and other media to advance the work of the organization.
- Partner with the Digital, Content and Creative team to coordinate the planning and creation of content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement and leads, that positively-position the work of the organization across divisions to drive revenues and awareness.
- Create the strategy and work with the Digital, Content and Creative team to develop and execute all member communications including monthly newsletter, event invitations/reminders, etc.
- Work with all divisions to ensure that specific marketing campaigns support/complement current and future division goals.
- Assist with the development of all executive communications pieces including speeches, remarks, emails, letters and presentations for CEO, Board Chair, board members.
- Work with applicable outside vendors to negotiate pricing, timing and quality of deliverable's.
- Guides all deliverable's through the organization’s routing/review process
- Effectively interface with internal and/or external graphic designers, digital media specialists, and project teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Excellent writing and speaking ability
- Excellent written communications skills required; composition, writing, grammar, and spelling.
- Experience in project management; ability to work in a high-volume communications environment with tight deadlines and fast turnarounds.
- Possess a proven track record which demonstrates public relations and business-to-business marketing skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of the local and global economy, the private sector business community and government at local, state and federal levels.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Preference for working with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Advanced level proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Nimble/Flexible to work some overtime and/or work on additional projects, as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
3-5 years’ experience in communications, public affairs, and media relations
What do we offer?
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Greater Houston Partnership is committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, veteran’s status, or any other legally protected status.