- Job Title
- Job ID
- Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- Other Location
Assembler – Contract to Hire
Our client is a rapidly growing leader in packaging and printing solutions and seeking an Assembler to work on a new product line. This is a contract to hire position in Brooklyn Park, MN.
Assembles machines, equipment, printers, printheads, printer systems and their subassemblies according to customer’s needs, following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications. Plans assembly procedures, following specifications and using knowledge gained by experience. Use of hand files or portable grinders, to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts. Drills, taps or reams holes, using portable drill. Aligns components, and bolts or screws using hand tools or portable powered tools. Installs moving parts, for example shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement. May also align and mesh gears and belts for free flowing systems. May also test or assist in testing operation of completed product. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Assemble machines including printers, printheads, printer subassemblies, sealers, tunnels and subassemblies for taping machines.
- Look up, read and interpret process documentation, drawings, prints, diagrams, and/or schematics.
- Pull parts from inventory to assemble machine. Maintain inventory accuracy. Participate in cycle counting program. Notify Supervisor of count discrepancies and shortages.
- Complete paperwork such as; forms and checklists associated with assembly of device.
- Basic testing, troubleshooting and inspection of assembled products for defects.
- Document and update assembly processes as necessary
- Add assembled parts back into inventory
- Package assembled equipment or parts for shipment
- Enter data to create labels and maintain production records.
- Use the business software system to perform routine transactions such as; receive and allocate jobs, kit and complete work orders, check stock levels and BOM contents, etc.
- Maintain communication with engineers on issues regarding current systems.
- Use of skills requiring motor condition with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, small part assembly, etc.) during most of normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 40 pounds.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in machine assembly
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools including drilling and taping
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Familiar with Windows software including Outlook for email.
For immediate consideration apply online or email email@example.com