Jr. Executive Assistant
- Job Title
- Jr. Executive Assistant
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010, TX 77010
- Other Location
Jr. Executive Assistant
Expires: until filled or further notice
Location: Houston, Texas (Downtown)
Experience: 3 years
Education: Undergraduate Degree preferred
Who we are
The Greater Houston Partnership is the leading business organization for eleven counties in the Houston region (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Waller and Walker). Our membership includes Houston-based Fortune 500 companies as well as over 1,200 small and mid-size businesses. GHP member companies are leaders in their respective sectors, including oil and gas, major manufacturing, healthcare, finance, professional services, arts/entertainment and trade. Our membership also employs more than 1 in every five employees throughout the region and contributes billions of dollars to the local, state and national economy.
The Partnership has two core functions: public policy and economic development (domestic and international). In addition, GHP’s leadership identifies strategic priorities for community engagement consistent with its core functions. For example, in 2014,
GHP introduced “Up-Skill Houston,” an effort to establish an employment/career pipeline for people who pursue technical careers, as well as college degrees. Success for Up-Skill Houston includes securing jobs for local people with local companies, which is a priority
for the Economic Development Division, and establishing a model for workforce advancement that can be used across the country, which will also include policy recommendations.
Supporting the core functions, GHP has its own internal Research Department, a full events team and a Membership Engagement Division. At GHP, we work across functions to have an the greatest impact. With direction from many of Houston’s most established business people, the Partnership is among the largest business organization of its kind and has successfully supported the business community and the region for over 25 years.
Who we hire
It’s simple: we hire people with strong skills and an equally strong desire to make Houston a great metropolitan area. Our employees are experienced experts in their field with established relationships and standing in the Houston community. GHP is committed
to hiring people who are excited about Houston and how their work connects to making it a great place to live, work and build a business. While Houston has outpaced all of its peers in job growth, we still have challenges. For example, our region has created more than 500,000 jobs since 2005 and has more than 6 million residents – and that means we need more services to maintain a high quality of life. Our employees are problem solvers and they are committed to working with our members, the GHP staff and stakeholder groups to identify the region’s most pressing issues, find the people who are best suited to frame the discussion, lead the analysis and drive a positive outcome.
Who are we looking for today?
The Partnership is looking for a Jr. Executive Assistant who is detailed-oriented, nimble, and experienced in the c-suite supporting senior leadership as well as front desk receptionist responsibilities.
The Jr. Executive assistant performs moderate to complex clerical duties in the executive office, supporting the lead Executive Assistant to the President and CEO, as well as serves as the secondary point of contact in the executive suite to liaise staff, board of directors and the leadership team.
What you will do
- primary areas of responsibility will be to:
- Provide the highest standards of customer service at the front receptionist desk including but not limited to:
- Operating Greater Houston Partnership main phone line
- Responding to internal and external requests for information
- Greeting and directing all members and visitors to Greater Houston Partnership
- Providing phone coverage and/or administrative support to the President and CEO in the executive suite.
- Conference center/meeting room coordination and support duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience.
- Excellent composition, writing, grammar, and arithmetic skills.
- Intermediate to Advance level proficiency in Windows Office and other office software programs.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Knowledge of/experience with local, state, federal and international elected officials and/or appointees a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem Solving—The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal Skills—The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication—The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication—The individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing—The individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control—The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Bachelor degree preferred
Minimum of three years administrative assistant professional experience
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision making skills.
No special requirements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.