- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48201
- Other Location
The IT Project Manager is responsible for day to day management of initiatives on a tactical, project level. The project manager is primarily an internal-facing role which interacts with key individuals to facilitate initiatives through the project lifecycle utilizing digital standards, practices, and tools.
The project manager is responsible for, and leads, the development and translation of client’s business requirements into formal agreements (SOW) establishing specific solutions, applications or processes culminating in customer acceptance of the results. The project manager is the delivery services individual responsible for creating and maintaining project information, establishing project communication processes and tools, employing change management procedures, managing vendor relationships , performing project financials, leading project team meetings, reporting on project status, generating health reports, managing and enforcing milestones, escalating issues, and assisting in timely issue resolution with internal and external teams.
The project manager assumes overall responsibility for cost, schedule, financial, and contractual deliverables. The differences/expectations are outlined below and has an impact on level of mentoring needed, necessary training, client communication, and overall responsibilities
Preferred experience, but not Required:
- Digital Experiences
- Content Management System
- AEM- Adobe Experience Manager
- JIRA tool
- Development and QA Management
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Create, communicate and maintain project plans.
- Manage vendor, partner and third party relationships on a project level.
- Create and communicate call reports.
- Create and communicate meeting recaps and follow-ups.
- Work with resource manager to ensure proper resources are assigned for the delivery of milestones.
- Create SOWs.
- Track and report on project level budgets.
- Open, revise and close jobs through infusion.
- Report on project health and status.
- Participate in project governance.
- Adhere to and facilitate the 4D process.
- Participate in project audits.
- Responsible for items listed in PM Deliverables review document including:
- Project Name and Number.
- Directory Structure on Digital Drive.
- Projects in Project Server.
- Statement of Work.
- Kick-off Meeting.
- Gate Reviews.
- Project Plan.
- Call Reports.
- Meeting Recaps.
- Budget Worksheet.
- Project Budget Tracking.
- Purchase Orders.
- Metrics Integration.
- Content Management Integration.
- Vendor Handoff Meeting.
- Vendor Management.
- Functional Template Handoff Meeting.
- Engineering Handoff Meeting.
- Team Communication.
- QA Review/Approval.
- Resource Allocation.
- Team Status Meetings.
- Master Project List (Status Reporting).
- Project Reporting.
- Issue resolution planning, management and Tracking.
- Vendor Evaluations (through Infusion).
- Launch Announcement.
- Lessons Learned.
- Job / Project Closing.
- Mentor and assist Junior Project Managers, when necessary.
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proactive, excellent attention to detail.
- Strong leadership/management skills.
- Strong communication/organization/presentation skills.
- Strategic understanding.
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing industry trends and changes.
- Proficient software knowledge and skills including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Ability to maintain and foster good Client/Agency relationships.
- Promote internal team communication and enhanced relationships.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience with managing multiple work streams.
- Automotive marketing experience.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.