- Job Title
- Physician Assistant
- Job ID
- Casper, WY 82609
- Other Location
We are currently seeking a Physician Assistant to join our Rocky Mountain Oncology Team in Casper, WY.
The Physician Assistant, in partnership with physicians and the oncology team, assists in the medical management of oncology patients. The PA will work closely with the physician and nursing staff in developing and coordinating a plan of treatment designed to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of patients and their families. The PA is a member of an interdisciplinary care team that requires effective communication with coworkers in addition to other institutions and agencies. The role requires critical thinking, an understanding of oncology principles and practices and leadership that improves the quality of care and advances medical care within the work setting and throughout the community.
* Perform complete physical exams; obtain complete medical history and record findings.
* Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
* Interpret and integrate data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
* Administer medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
* Perform procedures as directed by physician and/or as directed by written agreement.
* Instruct patient/family regarding medications and treatments.
* Educate patients regarding health and illness prevention.
* Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
* Triage patient telephone calls and provide consultation.
* Provide continuity of patient care with other health care professionals.
* Document patient information and care provided in patient record and maintain statistics.
* Initiate or complete administrative tasks and acquire all necessary information, instructions, and materials as required.
* Participate in activities that contribute to education and research.
* Maintain hospital privileges; assist with hospital rounds.
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
* Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary.
* Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Studies program
* NCCPA board certified
* Licensed as a Physician Assistant in practicing state.
* Current DEA controlled substance licenses.
* Complete 100 hours of CME according to the national regulations during each 2 year period of employment.
* Minimum of one year practicing as a Physician Assistant within the past 2 years.
* Prior oncology experience.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia