Lead Java Developer (full stack)
- Job Title
- Lead Java Developer (full stack)
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Other Location
Title: Lead Java Developer (full stack)
Location: Greater Cincinnati
Conexess Group is a staffing company that specializes in finding the right talent for our clients and connecting people with new opportunities.
As part of the applications development discipline, the Lead Java Developer develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications.
The Lead Java Developer must work well within an agile environment. They must be able to focus on API, Angular, Responsive UI, Database design for business-driven use cases, and the definition and promotion of best practices regarding software management. You will code, test, debug documents and implement complex software applications. Additional responsibilities may include: coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in monitoring project schedules and costs, functioning as technical lead and acting as liaison between business units and management, providing training and direction to team members as necessary.
- Understands or desires the ability to work in an agile/iterative environment
- Java and J2EE knowledge working with Angular 2.0.
- Responsive design to provide web, tablet and mobile solutions
- Works with various types of databases. (.e.g. DB2, SQL, UDB)
- Understands database design and ability to provide input to high performance
- Quality oriented. Understands the value and as the ability to deliver a high quality solution.
- Enjoys collaboration and wants to grow
- Desire to build an enterprise solution with high performance and quality
- Leadership ability from a technical standpoint. Coaches and mentors others.
- Fits within an API first mentality
- Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex enhancements made to new and/or existing programs.
- Participates in 24x7 production support on-call rotation.
- Demonstrates proven knowledge in one or more applications or systems.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements application programs in accordance with client specifications.
- Interprets business requirements and identifies solutions to meet business objectives.
- Oversees the advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution functions for software products.
- May be technical lead on larger projects and may act as project lead on smaller projects/development efforts.
- Reviews and recommends vendor products, develops technical specifications and interfaces with other applications.
- Acts as a liaison to define business requirements and/or problems and initiates maintenance of existing programs or designs of a new application.
- 6+ years Java development experience
- Experience writing and analyzing SQL queries
- Experience API delivery where possible with best practices regarding API management thought leadership
- Experience leading development teams including offshore teams
- Experience with DB2, SQL Server databases and/or Oracle databases.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience developing in IBM Websphere, Angular, Responsive, Mobile/tablet solutions
- Experience developing Java EE applications, especially for deployment in IBM Websphere Application Server environments