Tier II Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Tier II Systems Administrator
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20534
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Tier II Systems Administrator
REPORTS TO: VP, Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: Washington, DC
MicroTech is actively seeking a Tier II Systems Administrator with specialized experience supporting various Windows operating systems, virtual technologies, and Commvault Simpana backup software.
• Provides Tier II Support of infrastructure systems based on a Microsoft Windows Environment.
• AWS operations experience.
• The incumbent will support Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2 Operating
Systems in physical and virtual environments.
• The incumbent will be responsible for systems availability, reliability, and data integrity of infrastructure services to include, Tenninal Services I Remote Desktop Services, DNS, DHCP, WDIS, File, Print, and Web/Application servers.
• The incumbent will manage day to backups and restores using Comrnvault Simpana 9 or higher software.
• Installs, configures, and deploys physical and virtual servers
• Assists in updating policies and procedures in the areas of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Systems Management, Monitoring, Systems Administration/Security, Build Standards, and Server Build Automation.
• Conducts routine hardware/software audits of servers/network hardware to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
• Proactively manages, monitors and evaluates performance of the servers. Makes recommendations for improvements and upgrades. Troubleshoot and resolve application issues quickly and completely.
• Document and transfer knowledge to fellow staff through training.
• Routine software, hardware and firmware upgrades for servers, tape libraries, and storage.
• Conducts systems inventory and updates asset management documentation.
• Documents and updates systems architecture drawings and server rack elevations using Microsoft Visio
• Must be a US Citizen and have ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering or MIS
• 10+ years of experience in Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
• I0+ years of experience in Microsoft Active Directory Administration
• 5+ years of experience in Virtual Technologies such as VMWare ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V
For more information, please apply and speak to our recruiter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: