Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44103
- Other Location
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
The Sr. Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst is responsible for design and implementation of manual and automated software quality assurance tests and measures in the IT organization. This role is responsible for writing test plans, creating and executing both functional (manual) and automated tests, for tracking defects and fixes, and reporting the progress of each.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for definition, design, development and maintenance of all project testing deliverables including, but not limited to Test Approaches, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Summaries.
- Read and apply applicable technical artifacts to create test scenarios and test scripts.
- Create and maintain re-usable test data for manual and automation scripts.
- Work with cross functional team members to define and understand functional and non-functional requirements and capture business requirements through behavior driven test scripts.
- Executes various types of new development and regression testing according to test plans, manual and automated.
- Documents and follows up on defects identified in reviews and test execution utilizing defined defect management processes.
- Escalates testing issues in accordance with the defined testing methodology and/or policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and monitoring and reporting of defect metrics.
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information SQA management and Software Development Team.
- Participates in go/no go decision making process for code deployment.
- Facilitates the test planning and assists with various other testing activities including integration testing, load testing, performance testing, volume testing, user acceptance testing, usability testing, security testing, etc., as needed.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and training of the SQA methodology and testing process in the organization.
- Participates and may facilitate the development of quality assurance standards, policies, procedures and measures in the organization for new and existing software projects and applications.
- Implement SQA Process Improvements
- Participates in formal or informal training on quality and testing in the organization.
- Works with business analysts, project managers, software development team and others in the organization to identify and implement quality and testing improvements throughout the project / software life cycle.
- Identifies, recommends and implements (or facilitates the implementation of) process improvements for software testing in the organization.
- Assists in the development of new and refined existing QA processes, tools, and testing infrastructure to enhance quality and productivity.
- Identifies and implements testing process improvement metrics.
- Participates in educational opportunities through involvement in professional organizations/testing forums, maintaining personal networks, reading professional publications and conference attendance.
As we attempt to become more of an automated environment, it would be ideal for someone to come from a mix of a manual and automated background. 20% of this role will involve the participation in development and integration of Automated Testing within SQA processes.
- Assists with analyzing test process automation strategy and framework
- Evaluates and enhances standards, technologies, and approaches working closely with QA manager. Researches solutions and/or tools that will provide further value to the organization.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for automation (home-grown and/or third party testing tools) for test management, test data, testing and other related quality tools.
- Assists with implementation and training of automated test management tools.
- Implement the right balance of testing with manual and automated test coverage.
- 5+ years experience in an IT-related position, such as software quality analyst, software tester, information business analyst, systems analyst, IT consulting. Health care IT related experience is a plus
- 4+ years experience in the area of software testing/quality assurance
- 3+ years experience with manual test execution and automated test creation and execution, including use of tools such as Selenium, SpecFlow. Etc.
- Automated testing tools (i.e. Behavior Driven Development tool (i.e. SpecFlow or similar), Selenium or similar)
- Agile Development Methodology
- Behavior Driven Development
- Quality toolbox (data structures, ad-hoc queries, flow charts, bar charts, etc.)
- Test Management Tools (i.e. TFS, JIRA, etc.)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or relevant experience. CTFL or higher Certification are preferred.
Who We Are:
Conexess Group is a full-service staffing firm focusing on direct placements, contract placements, and contract-to hire. From our start in 2009, Conexess now operations in every state but 4, and our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used, due to our outstanding staffing track record.