Associate Attorney - Consumer Lending Litigation
- Job Title
- Associate Attorney - Consumer Lending Litigation
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA
- Other Location
Lewis & Associates is a leader in providing Legal and Administrative staffing services. We are a sole source staffing firm giving you convenient ways of working with us. We make every effort to ensure the highest degree of professionalism and integrity in the staffing process. We understand the demanding role of recruiting to source the highest level of legal professionals while incorporating proven, innovative, and successful recruiting techniques.
Our client has more than 1,000 lawyers in 19 offices across the United States and Asia, the firm represents great companies across a wide range of industries and stages of growth—from startups to FORTUNE 500 corporations.
The Firm is frequently recognized for its leadership in the legal profession:
- Recognized as an Am Law 50 firm on The American Lawyer 100 list, 2017
- Ranked 16th largest law firm in the U.S. by attorney headcount by Law360, 2017
- Named among the “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 15 consecutive years by FORTUNE magazine, 2003 – 2017
- Named one of the “30 Best Workplaces for Consulting & Professional Services” by FORTUNE magazine, 2017
- 131 attorneys recognized, with 35 attorneys ranked Band 1, by Chambers USA, 2017
- 281 attorneys listed with 35 named “Lawyers of the Year,” in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2018
- Named a “Leader” among tech-savvy firms by BTI Brand Elite, 2016
PRACTICES AND INDUSTRY SECTORS ACCOLADES
- Ranked Band 1 in 20 practices and ranked Band 1 National in Retail, Political Law and Transportation: Aviation Litigation by Chambers USA, 2017
- Named “Law Firm of the Year” in Natural Resources Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers, 2017
- Named “Law Firm of the Year” in Trademark Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers, 2016
- Ranked #3 among “The Firms That Landed The Most Patent Suits Last Year“ by Lex Machina, 2017
- Named a “Top Patent Appellate Firm” by Law360, 2017
DIVERSITY RECOGNITIONS AND RANKINGS
- Ranked #12 overall in the Vault “Best Law Firms for Diversity” listing. Additional rankings include: #9-Diversity for Individuals with Disabilities and LGBT Diversity; #14-Diversity for Minorities and Diversity for Women; #15-Diversity for Military Veterans, 2016
- Earned top rating of 100 percent in the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2009 – 2016
- Named among “100 Best Workplaces for Women” by FORTUNE magazine, 2015 – 2016
- Named one of FORTUNE magazine's "50 Best Workplaces for Parents," 2016
The Seattle office of a top law firm is seeking a nonpartnership-track litigation associate to work with the firm’s financial services litigation group in the area of residential mortgage lender liability actions in state and federal courts. Candidates must be members of the Washington State Bar, have excellent academic credentials and 3-5 years of experience in residential mortgage litigation. Candidates must be very familiar with state and federal consumer protection laws applicable to a residential mortgage and must have experience defending claims arising from loan servicing, foreclosures, and loan modification practices. Candidates are required to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong customer service skills.
Please submit a copy of your cover letter, resume, writing sample and law school transcript.