- Job Title
- Hardware/Firmware Engineer
- Job ID
- Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- Other Location
Senior Firmware/Hardware Engineer
Responsible for leading the FPGA firmware and hardware design activities including conceptualization, development, design for manufacturability, validation and transition to manufacturing.
- Lead research, design and development of FPGA, firmware, and hardware to create new printing and marking products.
- Research design options and perform tests or experiments to determine potential design feasibility
- Generate CAD tool based design schematics.
- Provide thorough simulation of all designs.
- Responsible for the oversight of the required board layout activities.
- Utilize strong debug skills to effectively resolve board level and system level problems
- Identify the suite of tests required to validate each new design at the board and system levels.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member within development teams.
- Assist in the creation of Product Requirements, Design Specifications, and Validation Test Requirements documents.
- Deliver technical conceptualization efforts and vision for future product development.
- Provide part obsolescence design activities as required.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Technical expertise in FPGA, firmware, and digital hardware development
- Excellent Verilog design skills
- Proficient with modeling and simulation tools
- Schematic capture experience and familiarity with related board design requirements
- Experienced with the entire design process from concept through debug and development to commercialization
- Capable of debugging the FPGA and hardware system using standard lab equipment.
- Ability to effectively debug system level problems with other engineers and developers
- Ability to mentor other engineers or developers as needed
- Altera FPGA experience
- System Verilog experience
- Printer technology experience
For immediate consideration apply online or email resume to email@example.com