Applications Support Specialist - New York
- Job Title
- Applications Support Specialist - New York
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Applications Support Specialist – New York
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individual’s nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
In this role, the Applications Support Specialist supports the Engagement Technology Services (ETS) group and is a key member of the ETS team responsible for providing support for the various 3rd party software applications used in the full life-cycle of eDiscovery/litigation engagements, operational support for all technology systems, including general server and systems administration, as well as occasional support for various custom software and system-to-system interfaces between all systems.
- Provide on-site operational support for all current and future 3rd party application software tools and utilities that are utilized to support the full eDiscovery process lifecycle. Participate on cross-discipline teams as necessary to support the business.
- Actively participate and execute data analysis, transformation, and migrations for various projects between the various applications software systems. Provide expert-level technical support for the business unit on the various requirements for import and exports on all 3rd party and internal applications. Develop documentation on data mappings and processes for migrating and transforming data between systems.
- Participate in the concept, design, implementation, and support of any ETS / eDiscovery service (including custom applications, ad-hoc projects, and packaged/purchased applications). Participate in the analysis of various software systems and applications (both custom and packaged), and related systems architectures in order to design and implement improvements for increased functionality, reliability, and performance.
- Provide on-site operational support for all current and future ETS / eDiscovery technology systems, including end-user general technology support, general server administration, and systems maintenance activities under the direction of the ETS management.
- Provide exemplary end-user customer support to the ETS / eDiscovery business unit by responding to (and sometimes anticipating) technology support needs; quickly and accurately resolve any requests and/or issues, and communicate effectively.
- Provide general technology systems administration, including general server maintenance, software patching, backups / restores, and end-user account and permissions administration, following guidelines and direction from the ETS management team.
- Acquire knowledge, via both formal and on-the-job training of the various packaged software applications used to collect, process, and produce the full eDiscovery service offering. Become a recognized expert in knowing the various tool features / functionalities, and how those tools interact in the underlying systems. Become an expert on data import, transformation, and export capabilities and requirements of the various software systems.
- Adhere to and perform against internal and external SLAs to the business.
- Participate in the analysis of various software applications and application architecture and configurations, and participates as a key member of the team in reconfiguring systems, databases, and applications for optimal performance. Participate in troubleshooting as required.
- Schedule, communicate, perform, and monitor regular and ad-hoc application maintenance activities, including required patching and upgrades, within the defined policies and procedures.
- Participate in the implementation, support, and documentation of various technology systems, including new hardware, servers, services, and 3rd party and custom software applications and system-to-system interfaces.
- Participate in documentation activities related to system design, configuration, operation, and support policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as required.
- 2 – 6 years of related work experience preferred.
- Solid skills in relational database (SQL Server) and SQL query / script / stored procedure development for data analysis and manipulation.
- Proven history and expertise in supporting complex, 3rd party software applications for business services. Demonstrated practical experience in learning and becoming an internal expert on the features and capabilities of packaged software applications.
- Experience in large, production-oriented service operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations with large data volumes preferred.
- Proven history and expertise in supporting Microsoft Windows servers and desktops; significant depth in using and managing Windows 7/8/10 and Windows 2008/2012 systems.
- Some experience with Microsoft development tools, including MS Visual Studio, .NET, and MS Access a plus.
- Experience in eDiscovery, Legal technology, kCura Relativity, Litigation Support, and/or Managed Hosting environments is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree desired; work experience / knowledge / expertise may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have the ability to work full time in an office environment.