- Job Title
- Web Developer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI
- Other Location
About the Role:
A team player with experience in website production, you will be able to share your skills and experience with fellow coders while working as a key contributor to the production of our many high profile websites.
We work with leading-edge technologies, which change continuously. Therefore you must be keen to learn new tools and technologies, pick up and understand new systems and processes and enjoy problem solving. You will face several different projects in parallel so you must be able to handle more than one project at a time and be mindful of the importance of timely delivery. You will be comfortable with the responsibility of looking after live content and overseeing others work. You will be a good communicator, able to share your knowledge and ideas with others.
- Take lead role in website production offering client-side expertise from the outset.
- Take responsibility for live content.
- Actively share knowledge with fellow coders and encourage best practice in the department.
- Build and improve tools and processes to assist in website production.
- Suggest and develop ways of improving working practice.
- Support and encourage other developers.
- Stay abreast of developments in web-site technologies and techniques.
- Take on role of “Webmaster” for a number of sites. Focusing on client-side, this involves
- Keeping site documentation up to date.
- Staying abreast of any guidelines concerning the site.
- Making sure the site is generally in good condition.
- Gain knowledge in server-side coding and familiarity with Java as well as configuring websites through Apache.
Education and Experience:
- Must have raw (non-WYSIWYG) HTML programming.
- Knowledge of server side scripting languages such as JavaServer Pages (JSP), PHP, Perl, etc
- Must have knowledge of cross-browser issues and solutions.
- Must have knowledge and practical experience in solving accessibility issues.
- Adobe PhotoShop skills and knowledge of graphic file formats preferred.
- Must be able to apply best practice working methodologies and processes.
- Must be familiar with standard software-development lifecycles and project-management methodologies (such as Agile).
- Great attention to detail and QA testing are paramount.
- Must have a keen interest in web-site technology and aptitude for problem solving.
- Knowledge of web server administration (Apache) and version control software, ideally Subversion preferred.
- Knowledge of server-side practices and technologies, ideally Java based platforms preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years commercial experience.
Minimum technical skills:
- Photoshop image preparation for the web