PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Physical Security Specialist
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
The Physical Security Specialist will provide technical support to Agency Headquarters (Federal Law Enforcement) offices for security projects related to construction and/or renovation. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well and work independently. The Physical Security Specialist will work with Agency Contracting Officer Representatives to insure that project security needs are coordinated.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical planning, analysis and assistance in support of security projects.
- Coordinates with construction program counterparts as needed.
- Prepares correspondence for management signature.
- Interprets existing rules, regulations, and Agency policies and provide guidance.
- Develop/analyze security program resource requests.
- Prepare reports, memoranda, briefing papers, and other written material for internal use and external use.
- Assist with documentation, revision and/or development of physical security plans.
- Enter, retrieve, and maintain data in specific databases.
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with the implementation of security plans
- Assist with the development and implementation of program to confirm access card logs and security camera recordings.
- Ensure operability and integrity of physical security systems.
- Receive and process security clearance messages and conduct limited criminal history checks.
- A minimum of two years of specialized experience that is related to the duties described.
- A bachelor's degree in a relative field.
- General experience providing specific support for security projects such as Strategic Planning, Facility protection, Law Enforcement, Physical and/or Electronic Security, Recovery Planning and Transportation Security.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with government employees as well as outside source.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the federal government's regulations related to security facilities.
- Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Physical Security Specialist
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs