- Job Title
- Telecom Technician*
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
- Columbus, OH
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Telecom Technician
LOCATION: Columbus, OH / Fort Belvoir, VA
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
THIS IS FOR A PROPOSAL
The Telecom Tech IV shall have general knowledge of operating principles of wired, wireless and RF environments.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· A minimum of five years of cabling experience in data communications industry is required.
· Experience with DoD, National, Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA)/ Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and BICSI technical and OSHA safety standards.
· Candidate must clearly document Clearance level (Example: Active Secret Clearance with SSBI investigation)
· Candidate must clearly document role and location he or she will be working. (Example: Deputy Program Manager - Fort Belvoir, VA)
· Candidate must attach copies of computing environment and DoD 8570 IAT I certifications for review
· The Telecom Tech IV shall have general knowledge of operating principles of wired, wireless and RF environments.
· Wireless network (802.11b/g/a/n, WLAN/WWAN/WMAN) survey/deployment/support experience is preferred.
· Possess a general knowledge of wired/wireless equipment installation and basic testing methods and procedures.
· Ability to interpret and perform tasks outlined in vendor documentation, technical specifications, and network practices, engineering letters and job aids.
· Knowledge of telephony networks, include DS1, DS3, OC, and various IP networks.
· Dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
· Ability to work in overhead rack or grid for extended periods of time pulling long lengths of heavy cables.
· Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs independently and up to 90 lbs. with assistance as necessary.
· Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases, including scissor lifts.
· Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environments.
· Telecom Tech IV shall have OSHA training.
· The Telecom Tech IV will be running and lacing Ethernet, and fiber cabling to include termination and testing as well as installing / removing overhead equipment mounts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: