The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- Network Engineer*
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
- Columbus, OH
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer
LOCATION: Columbus, OH / Fort Belvoir, VA
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
THIS IS FOR A PROPOSAL
Design, plan, establish, and optimize networks and enterprise network architecture. Develop network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization. Lead and supervise teams. Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception through implementation. Train and mentor other engineers. Design and validate link performance, quality and reliability. Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment. Create manuals and support documentation. Optimize existing network by adjusting network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems. Monitor and analyze statistical and drive test data to improve system performance. Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory to choose device placement. Responsible for capacity planning, Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) frequency planning and frequency hopping by applying carrier/interference (C/I) ratio analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· A minimum of three years of experience in wireless and network communications industry is required.
· Network Engineer shall have a DoD 8570 certification IAT-II, with a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP) or equivalent.
· Candidate must clearly document Clearance level (Example: Active Secret Clearance with SSBI investigation)
· Candidate must clearly document role and location he or she will be working. (Example: Deputy Program Manager - Fort Belvoir, VA)
· Possess a thorough understanding of network engineering to include wired and RF transmissions, mapping and surveying, configuration of access points, antennas and related equipment, cabling infrastructure to support WLAN systems, client wireless configurations, operations and troubleshooting.
· Experience with Location Based Services/Choke Points/Active/Passive & Semi-Passive RFID.
· Network survey/deployment/support experience required.
· Physical infrastructure experience required.
· Project lead / management / strong organizational skills required.
· Working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Visio.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: