- Job Title
- Network Designer*
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
- Columbus, OH
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Network Designer
LOCATION: Columbus, OH / Fort Belvoir, VA
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
THIS IS FOR A PROPOSAL
The Network Engineer will work with the engineering team Lead to support special projects including network equipment refresh, new site deployments, and new service offering rollout. Provide backup support as needed to Network Operations Team in support of emerging requirements. Design, plan, establish, and optimize networks and enterprise network architecture. Develop network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization. Lead and supervise teams. Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception through implementation. Train and mentor other engineers. Design and validate link performance, quality and reliability. Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment. Create manuals and support documentation. Optimize existing network by adjusting network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· A minimum of 13 years of experience in network communications industry is required.
· The Network Designer shall have a DoD 8570 certification IAT-II, with a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or equivalent.
· Candidate must clearly document Clearance level (Example: Active Secret Clearance with SSBI investigation)
· Candidate must clearly document role and location he or she will be working. (Example: Deputy Program Manager - Fort Belvoir, VA)
· Possess an expert level experience in LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments.
· Possess an expert level experience large scale LAN/WAN switching environments.
· Expert level in TCP/IP fundamentals.
· Expert level experience with Routing.
· Network survey/deployment/support experience required.
· Physical infrastructure experience required.
· Project lead / management / strong organizational skills are required.
· Working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Visio.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: