IT Statistician & Predictive Modeler
- Job Title
- IT Statistician & Predictive Modeler
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44113
- Other Location
Title: IT Statistician & Predictive Modeler
Terms: Direct Hire
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Conexess Group is a staffing company that specializes in finding the right talent for our clients and connecting people with new opportunities.
The IT Statistician & Predictive Modeler serves as an advanced subject matter expert for data mining and predictive modeling projects within the Decision Sciences & Modeling team. This person will lead development, validation, documentation, execution and measurement of complex statistical models, and works closely with internal clients to better understand the financial needs and behaviors of the organization’s customers and prospects. The position serves as an expert with accountability for complex predictive modeling specialties and handles assignments with high degree of impact and minimum supervision.
- Ensure analytics plays a key role in the development, execution, and measurement of the organization’s marketing, client and pricing strategies.
- Translating business partner’s needs into advanced analytics projects and prioritizing projects based on expected tactical and/or strategic business impact to quickly achieve goals.
- Proactively define and manage analytics projects, including data identification/preparation and statistical analysis/model building to identify opportunities where analytics can optimize client experience and marketing efforts
- Perform independent model validation and documentation of newly-developed predictive models to ensure good modeling practices and compliance with Model Governance Policies.
- Conduct annual model validations to ensure models are working as intended and verify if the existing validation activities are sufficient and effective.
- Develop predictive models to support client centric initiatives at various stages of the customer lifecycle including acquisition, response, activation, utilization and retention.
- Act as a resource for junior members of the team.
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA with analytic emphasis or graduate degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, probability or operations research strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience in predictive modeling, and advanced analytics methodologies such as machine learning algorithms, preferably in the context of the financial industry with focus on marketing, cross sell campaigns and next best product offering.
- 3+ years’ experience applying various statistical methods such as multiple regressions, logistic regression, CHAID, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Ability to develop, test and validate models with little guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Base SAS, SAS macros and R programming language.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven ability to convey complex analyses in clear and concise manner using business language.
- Intellectual curiosity, inquisitive nature and desire to deepen knowledge.
- Team player and strong collaborator is a must.