Technical Services Field Analyst
- Job Title
- Technical Services Field Analyst
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE
- Other Location
Technical Services Field Analyst
This role maintains responsibility for providing technical services to the fuel ethanol industry focusing on corn oil extraction. This will be achieved through supporting, servicing, troubleshooting, and training our existing customer base and prospects. In addition, the qualified individual support new technology investigations, support sales managers and project managers, and participate in industry events as required.
- Understand and assess current corn oil extraction technologies and provide feedback as required
- Collect data samples and conduct laboratory analysis at customer sites
- Build and share technical reports analyzing various plant conditions and convey findings to team and customers
- Work with sales manager as appropriate to develop and grow market share
- Participate in fuel ethanol industry events and represent the company’s views and vision
- Safely and efficiently work on customer premises
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands (Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job):
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, push, carry, climb, reach, grasp, talk, and hear at both Valicor and customer facilities
- Occasional lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying, or moving of items not to exceed 50 pounds; negligible physical demand continuously
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more with peripheral vision and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus, to judge distance and space relationships, and to identify and distinguish colors
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions (Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job):
- Combination of office and plant environment
- Wide variety of working conditions, primarily indoors, but some outdoors, with some exposure to both extreme heat and extreme cold, noise, vibration, physical hazards (electrical current, oils, chemicals), and adverse atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dust, gases, acids). Physical conditions include close proximity to moving mechanical parts and working at heights on elevated stairways and platforms.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Technical degree in Science or Engineering preferred but not required
The qualified candidate will have 5 years of experience working in varying positions in the ethanol industry. This may be in a laboratory or chemical analysis capacity, perhaps as a lab manager or in a plant environment, potentially as a production manager. In addition, this person will have a successful history of providing customer service.
Skills and Abilities (May be representative but not all-inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position):
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience presenting to groups is required.
- Experience in customer service and support; will possess a friendly, helpful attitude
- Must be a team player and a self-starter
- Travel by automobile and plane required approximately 90% of the time. Regular travel concentrated in NE/IA/SD/ND/MN region with occasional travel between Ohio Valley and Northern Pacific Coast.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software and Work Aids (May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position):
- Various laboratory equipment and tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and related data management tools
- Training or certification in renewable fuels is preferred