- Job Title
- Application Engineer
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Systems Engineer will work under the direction of the Director of IT Digital Operations to deliver systems architecture design, administration, management & support of the company’s Windows Server Estate, AD, Citrix, Media Ocean & Virtual Enterprise environment.
This Systems Application Engineer position serves as a liaison to the Network Operations Team, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects in place at any given time.
The Systems Application Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and be a self-starter and take on environments they may be unfamiliar with. The ability to document the environment with quality network diagrams.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Active Directory Domain Level Administration
- Provide thorough direction on maintenance & change management for AD
- Support of Virtual Center in a vSphere ESX 5.5 Environment
- Work with Service Providers troubleshooting AD, Windows Server, SAN, BAN, Citrix and vSphere incidents and issues
- Administration of Windows 2008 & 2012 Servers
- Design and support of server load balancing LACP & Ether-Channeling
- Network & AD SNMP, DNS & DHCP administration and maintenance
- FTP support and maintenance
- Tertiary support of Windows Web Hosting Server Environment
- Document and maintain AD, ESX, Citrix network diagrams
- Assist & Support other network related tasks/requirements as directed by the Director of IT Digital Operations
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Microsoft 2008, 2012 Windows Server OS
- Thorough understanding of Domain AD Domain Technology
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP ports
- SNMP, SMTP, DNS & DHCP administration and management
- Hands on experience managing ESX vSphere Virtual Center
- Tertiary knowledge of Layer 2 & Layer 3 Network skills
- Thorough understanding of the OSI model
- Tertiary understanding of SAN & Fibre Technology
- Understanding of Physical/Logical Security
- Experience working with ISO IT Controls & Governance
- Experience working for a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
- Management of Web Hosted Server environment a plus
- 7 years of Windows Server, AD, Web, Citrix, Media Ocean, and Virtual ESX Enterprise environment experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.