- Job Title
- Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Minnetonka, MN 55343
- Other Location
Mechanical Design Engineer – Direct Hire – Medical Device
Our customer is a global leader in image guided therapy solutions and incorporates MRI’s, CT and fluoroscopy into multi-purpose surgical suites to provide imaging solutions for medical applications. We are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to design and development of mechanical systems. This individual will bring previous mechanical experience and well as develop new skills in the integration and development of technology of future products as well as the continuous improvement of the current product line. As part of a small team, we need someone with topnotch communication and interpersonal skills who is team oriented and can communicate and coordinate effectively with multidisciplinary groups. Our client is growing and has had a couple very successful and is excited new products in R&D ready for deployment! Direct hire position, SW Minneapolis.
- Prepares recommendations for the design and development of new capital equipment medical device products, including changes to existing products.
- Research, design, evaluate and document medical products and equipment to meet project instructions and specification requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with multidiscipline team to establish robust, manufacturable product design that meets specification requirements.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, standards and technical reports.
- Prepares 3D models, sketches, designs, layouts, drawings and other specifications for product definition.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Maintains detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs, and basic improvements.
- Follows and assists in the product development process as needed, through initial design to final production stages.
- Validate conformity to design standards and specifications
- May lead engineering prototype builds.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience in mechanical product design with experience in medical device or similarly regulated industry
- Experience working with plastic and composite structures and on design of large, complex electromechanical systems
- Analytical problem solver who is able to problem solve from a systems perspective and has an understanding of engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and computer engineering
For immediate consideration apply online or email resume to email@example.com