Supplier Quality Engineer
- Job Title
- Supplier Quality Engineer
- Job ID
- Columbus, OH
- Other Location
Our client has an immediate need for a Supplier Quality Engineer for a 6 month contract assignment at our client’s supplier’s location in the Columbus, OH. area. This is an immediate need, working 40 hours per week.
This position acts as a key member in the execution of the company strategy in quality and sustaining engineering throughout all phases of the product lifecycle. Critical functions of this role are test development and improvement, diagnosis of commercial technologies and leading, cross-functional, warranty improvement teams through Lean Sigma activities.
- Manage new product development activities related to supplier requirements including but not limited to; New Supplier Evaluations, FMEA and Control Plan development, Production Part Approval.
- Execute ongoing supplier audits and continuous improvement/Six Sigma programs to yield desired results.
- Provide effective team leadership and project management for quality investigations and improvements (CAPA).
- Participate in Design Reviews with Product Development
- Execute monthly monitoring of supplier performance and inform Strategic Sourcing team.
- Provide timely updates to cross-functional teams and senior level management.
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing on drawings, BOM, change notices, continuous improvement activities and product testing.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Cost savings, reduction and avoidance
- Compliance to performance and regulatory expectations
- Warranty and yield improvements
- Design for Excellence participation
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness for manufacturing sites
- Successful new product introductions
- Minimum of 4+ years in a supplier quality role, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment
- B.S. Engineering (preferred)
- Lean Sigma certification a plus
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- High aptitude for technical writing
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Planning software
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Strong oral and written communication
- MS Project, Visio and standard Office applications
- Design of Experiments (JMP, MiniTab or similar)
- Change Control management
- Critical Path thinking
For immediate consideration call Mike at 763-561-1061, email resume to email@example.com