DB2 & z/OS Mainframe Systems DBA - Contract
- Job Title
- DB2 & z/OS Mainframe Systems DBA - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: DB2 Mainframe DBA
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
We are currently seeking a Mainframe DB2 Systems DBA. This person will need to be able to provide on-call support for the system. Candidates should have the self-motivation to investigate, learn, and share information with other team members. They should also be enthusiastic about learning and researching solutions and evaluating tools to support DB2 development and/or administration. The right individual will have excellent communication skills, work well under pressure, and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- 5 years of hands-on DB2/ z/OS Mainframe experience on IBM z/OS
- Experience with MainView DB2 monitoring type tool
- Experience with SMPE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- Good Communication Skills (both written & verbal)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Works well under pressure
- Designs IT infrastructure solutions.
- Proposes and implements enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Documents and implements procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- Work closely and collaboratively in an agile environment with our Infrastructure and Development teams to analyze issues.