Network Operations Center Technician (NOC) - Monitoring Tools Specialist - Day Shift (8AM-5PM) - Contract
- Job Title
- Network Operations Center Technician (NOC) - Monitoring Tools Specialist - Day Shift (8AM-5PM) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Network Operations Center Technician (NOC) - Monitoring Specialist - Day Shift (8AM-5PM)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Technician with knowledge and hands on experience working in a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center with demonstrated capabilities to maintain key monitoring tools and processes to ensure overall availability, performance, health, and security of all services. We are looking for someone experienced in monitoring: implementing/maintaining tools, gathering requirements for monitoring/alerting and entering within the tool.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of production support in business-critical, high uptime environment.
- 3+ years of Network Operations or System Administration.
- Experience with monitoring technologies (e.g. Splunk or SolarWinds).
- Ability to configure monitoring and alerting by following policies and best practices.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a single pane of glass is a plus (e.g. PagerDuty).
- Experience with network or server administration including troubleshooting Linux, Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience in UNIX shell or MS PowerShell scripting is a plus.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, delegate and escalate event situations appropriately with limited direction.
- Ability to work independently or in a team to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Infrastructure environments – VMware, storage, networks, databases, etc.
- Understanding of industry standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma).
Notes about the Req:
Position will initially be M-F 8am-5pm, but could vary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Availability and Performance Monitoring (80%)
- Interface with operational teams to implement new or additional monitoring along with break fix solutions.
- Monitor and analyze revenue-generating and business-critical platforms (including software, hardware, network, and infrastructure) to ensure availability and performance.
- Monitor data center infrastructure to ensure proper environmental state is maintained.
- Update monitoring when commissioning new infrastructure, services, or applications.
- Periodically review/update processes and procedures for all infrastructure, systems, and services to ensure accurate information is available across the team.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the health, performance, security, and management of all systems.
- Perform defined operational processes and reporting.
- Perform add/change/delete as required to ensure accurate and robust monitoring solutions.
- Implement and maintain various monitoring technologies.
- Assist with projects and maintenance on infrastructure, systems, and services, as requested.
NOC Incident and Release Management (20%)
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents in support of Tier model and SLAs.
- Log and document all incidents using the defined ticket management system.
- Manage incidents and coordinate releases as defined by procedural documentation (e.g. coordinate all bridge calls, provide updates to technical staff and management, coordinate with vendors, etc.).
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication through various methods.
- Perform notification and escalation processes based on Tier requirements.
- Perform and document post-release testing and provide feedback to the release teams.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications.
- Perform scheduled (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) validation of various enterprise systems.