The job you are applying to is no longer open for application.
Sr. Assistant, Human Resources
- Job Title
- Sr. Assistant, Human Resources
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Other Location
Who we are
The Greater Houston Partnership is the leading business organization for eleven counties in the Houston region (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Waller and Walker). Our membership includes Houston-based Fortune 500 companies as well as over 1,200 small and mid-size businesses. GHP member companies are leaders in their respective sectors, including oil and gas, major manufacturing, healthcare, finance, professional services, arts/entertainment and trade. Our membership also employs more than 1 in every five employees throughout the region and contributes billions of dollars to the local, state and national economy.
Who we hire
It’s simple: we hire people with strong skills and an equally strong desire to make Houston a great metropolitan area. Our employees are experienced experts in their field with established relationships and standing in the Houston community. GHP is committed
to hiring people who are excited about Houston and how their work connects to making it a great place to live, work and build a business. While Houston has outpaced all of its peers in job growth, we still have challenges. For example, our region has created more than 500,000 jobs since 2005 and has more than 6 million residents – and that means we need more services to maintain a high quality of life. Our employees are problem solvers and they are committed to working with our members, the GHP staff and stakeholder groups to identify the region’s most pressing issues, find the people who are best suited to frame the discussion, lead the analysis and drive a positive outcome.
Who are we looking for today?
The Partnership is looking for a Sr. administrative assistant who is detailed-oriented, nimble, knowledgeable of HR laws and practices to primarily support the Human Resources department.
The Sr. Assistant, Human Resources is responsible for carrying out various administrative procedures for the human resources department. Performs moderate to complex clerical duties following established procedures in the following areas: payroll processing, onboarding, applicant tracking, records maintenance for the various benefit plans (401(k) medical, dental and life insurance plans and coordinates employee programs and activities.
Involves frequent staff and vendor contact, and a working knowledge of general human resources, and Partnership benefits, policies, and procedures.
What you will do
Administrative Support and Record Keeping
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Timely data entry into various record keeping systems
- Serve as the department assistant for reserving meeting space, tracking meeting attendance, scheduling Sr. Vice President meetings, calendar support
- Make photocopies, faxes documents, scan, and performs other clerical functions
- Enter new hire employees for payroll and benefits tracking and reporting
- Assist the HR Manager with maintaining the training and development schedule, email campaigns related to training, and attendance records
- Maintain department content on the company intranet
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Assists in administration of compensation program through payroll administration.
- Approve invoices for payment.
- Facilitates timely enrollments and cancellations for all benefit plans.
- Process employee status changes
Applicant Tracking and Onboarding
- Maintain job postings on the career page
- Occasionally enter applicant profiles
- Assist in scheduling interviews for selected candidates; including preparing interview packets for hiring managers/division heads.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from applicants
- Participates in recruitment efforts, as needed
- Appropriately route the invoices from temporary agencies
- Assist with new employee orientations and coordinates pre-employment tests.
- Assist the department SVP with various special projects as required
- Direct calls and requests to the appropriate HR staff member
- Assists in exit/off-boarding administrative process
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as required.
- Maintains Partnership organization charts, employee directory and personnel files.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs and activities.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of all organizational and personnel matters that may be privy to you as a result of administrative role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources.
- Prior administrative assistance experience
- Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Strong people orientation with ability to create and maintain positive, enthusiastic and communicative environment.
- Requires a professional appearance and manners.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) required
- Prior payroll experience preferred but not required
- Other duties as assigned.
College degree preferred
Minimum of three years administrative assistant professional experience, with increasing responsibilities, in human resources
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision making skills.
No special requirements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.