- Job Title
- Product Manager
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Other Location
The Product Manager will be part of the team responsible for the full product lifecycle management of "our" product line.
The Product Manager will drive product requirements for the core platform and applications. They will directly manage the product releases and feature prioritization as well as helping to define the product growth strategies including looking at addressing tangential markets. The successful candidate will have a strong background in service provider security and/or routing infrastructure, managed security services, or network engineering and will have experience with software product management and product lifecycle management.
"We" are looking for a Product Manager to help prioritize, plan and drive the execution of its core platform and applications analytics and security vision and strategy targeting Service Providers, MSSPs, Mobile Network Operators and large enterprise network operators.
You will help inspire and collaborate with highly capable teams in product management, product marketing, architecture and development to drive "our" solution to market, including maintaining the current generation "our" platform while scoping out the next generation of network security and analytics platforms and technologies.
The successful candidate will serve in a technical product expert role requiring a strong background in networking, ISP infrastructure and security as well as experience working with engineering teams, translating market needs into product requirements, thriving in an AGILE development environment and interfacing with customers, channel partners, technology partners, Nokia account teams (account managers & sales engineers) and industry analysts.
## Job Requirements:
Strategy and Business Case Development
- Under direction of the Head of Products, they will develop the business case and strategy for growth for the product including market assessment, competitive analysis, and funding requirements. Assess the critical success factors and the go-to-market plan.
- Assess technology trends, customers and market needs to help craft a growth strategy for the platform incorporating competitive analysis, solution composition, pricing and funding requirements
- Identify unmet demands and customer pain points that Nokia can profitably address
- Prioritize product requirements in concert with the strategy
- Interface with the engineering team to develop effective requirements and use cases
- Work with engineering and QA to drive functional use cases
- Manage detailed requirements through agile development and QA process to ensure that they will meet customer expectations
- Provide product and roadmap presentations to customers
- Develop and deliver training to the sales force and channels
- Support sales in responding to RFPs & RFQs
- Develop and implement the product structure and pricing strategy for each product in conjunction with the "our" product management team
- Work closely with the technical operations group on the feature and bug triage process
- Ensure success in product reviews, analyst updates and press announcements or engagements
- Provide technical support for trade shows, industry events and product announcements, including at speaking engagements and industry evangelism events
- Develop raw content for marketing collateral including technical white papers, application briefs, and other deliverables
- Partner integration & demonstration
- Install, configure document partner products/technologies
- Formulate integration plan for partner products/technologies
- Frequently monitor/compare competitive products and services on the market
- Recommend requirements based on competitive intelligence
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence database
- Analyze markets to identify market trends and customer needs
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
• 7 years of experience with telecom products. Must have minimum 5 years of product management experience, or previous experience in strategy development, business development, partnership development, and/or solutions marketing.
- Network routing (BGP, IGP, IP/MPLS) or network security (DDOS) background at service providers is preferred.
- Experience in an agile development environment is preferred.
• Product management / business acumen – understand Go To Market requirements for networking solutions
• Degree in engineering or computer science; MBA or advanced degree is an asset.
• Must be comfortable working collaboratively across many groups within the organization including sales, business development, product management, marketing, services & support, manufacturing/operations, program management, legal, and finance
• High energy and ability to influence/lead others; willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
• Great project-management skills
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent technical skills, with solid technical and operational understanding of telco, cable and data center solutions
• Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners)
• Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and customers; proficiency in conflict management, negotiation, and presentation/demonstration
• Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
• 10 years of increasing responsibility for positioning and delivering networking solutions including optical, Ethernet and IP networking offering
• Demonstrable experience in identifying changing business models, and ability to associate these to changing solution/product and architecture requirements
• Strong internal consulting skills to work with external and internal customers in driving their architecture needs and will routinely deliver presentations to stakeholders