PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Personnel Security Assistant (Intake/eQIP)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
PSS is currently seeking a Personnel Security Assistant to assist with processing security clearance request forms (SF86/85), nomination packages, badging process/authorization request etc. Serve as administrative support / intake administrator, assisting US Federal Law Enforcement Agency with administrative actions, working with sensitive information. Create a wide variety of documents, including reports, spreadsheets, and presentations from data and information contained in Agency internal databases, which contains sensitive departmental and/or classified information.
Duties will include the following:
- Determine the appropriate level of initial investigation and re-investigation depending on position's designation level (Special Sensitive, Critical-Sensitive, Noncritical-Sensitive, High Risk, Moderate Risk, and Low Risk).
- Conduct preliminary record checks of Office of Personnel Management's Central Verification System (CVS) to determine if there is a current reciprocal investigation that meets position designation requirements.
- Perform CVS searches to determine most recent investigation, issues, closing codes, clearance/access level, and date granted.
- Invite the individual into e-QIP (electronic Questionnaire for Investigative Processing) and assist with e-QIP access issues
- Review the e-QIP/security forms for completeness.
- Determine if additional inquiries are necessary to resolve discrepant, negative, or contradictory information.
- Fingerprint applicants and employees, conduct National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/National Law Enforcement. Telecommunications System (NLETS) inquiries; conduct credit checks.
- Follow up with the individual for additional information
- Review paperwork for interns, request additional information as needed.
- Request funding approval from OSP management, release e QIP forms to OPM.
- Sort and deliver mail within OSP, open BIB mail, date stamp and work.
- Data enter the OPM schedule and closing dates in the USMS security tracking system.
- General filing.
- Establish records and update information in the security tracking database.
- Respond to basic/general e-mails and forward more complex e-mail to appropriate USMS staff member for response.
- Responsible for answering the branch's general phone number and group e-mail.
- Inactivate records and assist with file destruction project; ensuring the background investigation information is accurate in the USMS security tracking system.
- Prepare for signature letters for passing security clearances to other Federal Agencies.
- Prepare for signature the form to request building access and a personal identity verification (PIV) card for USMS employees.
- Coordinate with BIB Clearance Team security files being sent to DOJ for sensitive compartment information (SCI) adjudication.
- The candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of specialized experience as a personnel security assistant.
- Possess a high school diploma (or higher).
- Experience with MS Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and possible SharePoint.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to embrace new systems and process enhancements.
Personnel Security Assistant (Intake/eQIP)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs