Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Chanhassen, MN 55317
- Other Location
Embedded Software Engineer
Our client offers design, validation and verification, and regulatory compliance services for medical device clients. They are expanding due to growing business and are looking for a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer for design and development of software for medical electronics.
Do you have a solid understanding of embedded firmware design? Can you architect software and bring up hardware from the ground up for custom electronics? In this role, for many of the software projects, you will be one or one of 2 software engineers creating embedded software for micro-controller based medical devices. You should also enjoy working hand in hand with customers. This is a full time position located in the SW Twin Cities.
- Write embedded software in a microprocessor-based embedded environment.
- Design and documentation of embedded software for medical products.
- Test, troubleshooting, and documentation are secondary responsibilities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5-10+ years embedded coding experience
- Experience in a medical or other similarly regulated product development environment.
- Software design experience with C in an embedded environment.
- Experience with hardware test tools
- Software design experience with C++ in an embedded environment highly desired.
- Software design experience with embedded RTOS (MQX preferred, QNS, SafeRTOS); first project will be working with MQX
- Software design experience with networking technologies (SSH, FTP, OpenSSL) nice to have
- Software design experience with security (SHA2, CRC, salted hashing) nice to have
- Experience with IEC62304 is highly desirable.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email email@example.com