Chief Radiation Therapist
- Job Title
- Chief Radiation Therapist
- Job ID
- Chula Vista, CA 91914
- Other Location
Administer prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards.
• Responsible for communicating staff needs including overseeing and directing all activities of the radiation therapists.
• Assists the Center and Market Leader to develop, implement and update policies and procedures, in addition to standards of operation in compliance with NRC, state, and e+ CancerCare guidelines.
• Assures compliance with standards set forth.
• Monitors supply levels and coordinate all service/maintenance on clinical equipment; point person for designated machine(s).
• Compiles monthly and other special statistics.
• Reviews, analyzes and maintains appropriate staffing and scheduling.
• Identifies and plans for continuing education opportunities.
• Consults with dosimetrist about inconsistent or problematic set-ups.
• Assists in coordination of chart rounds and timely review of portal images with the Radiation Oncologists.
• Administer radiation therapy as prescribed by the physician.
• Display professional conduct essential to the well being of the radiation oncology patient.
• Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart documentation.
• Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
• Work closely with the radiation Oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan.
• Provides appropriate teaching to patients and families.
• Attend department staff meetings, radiation safety committee meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
• Adhere to the Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
• Regular attendance and punctuality.
• Ability to be on call.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
• Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology and/or radiation therapy technology.
• Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary)
• Five years of experience as radiation therapist.
• Two or more years experience as a supervising lead therapist.
• Bachelor of Science in related field.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia